Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
The covered material on the arm rest is coming off from the front part ( right where it locks down).
What is the best way to resecure it to the arm rest.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
trapperjohn said:
Hi,
The covered material on the arm rest is coming off from the front part ( right where it locks down).

Thanks,
Bryan
Take it to the dealer for repain...should be under the 3/36k.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Mine is starting to go too. Is this a "fix it while you wait" kind of thing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Thanks for the info!
Will get a new one but of course I got questions.

Do they usually have this in stock or does it normally require a 2nd visit?

Has this been corrected or wil the new one do this also at some point?

Thanks again,
Bryan

·
Registered
548 Posts
trapperjohn said:
Hi,
I used crazy glue to 'lock' it down. I was going to get a replacement, but figured it'd just start to fall apart again, so glue seemed like the better long term fix.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My Doorpanel Armrest is showing signs of wear after only 6k Miles.......
Is this the same type of inferior interior clause replaceable item?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

Mine's still good as new... Had to wash the towel after a coke-can-gripper malfunction... but now I've got a spare so I can swap them out when this happens. :D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The dealer installed a leather interior on mine before I got it. It included the center console and the door arm rests. I don't know how expensive it would be but I imagine you could go to a leather upholstery shop and have them just do the console and possibly the arm rests in a matching color. I think that would fix it permanently.

·
Registered
548 Posts
bshef said:
My Doorpanel Armrest is showing signs of wear after only 6k Miles.......
Is this the same type of inferior interior clause replaceable item?
Mine has that too, and if you can get that replaced, please post it because I'm sure a lot of people would like to replace theirs.

·
Registered
919 Posts
An armrest cover was included when I ordered seat covers for the front seats. Nice to have.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mark Prius said:
On Ebay they sell a leather type replacement that fits like a glove.
I suppose that's nice if your console has 5 fingers :twisted:

·
Registered
40 Posts
The center console cover is easy to replace yourself. You just need to remove a few screws and the lid will slide off. I used "krazy glue" to attach the fabric. I had a good look at the fabric when I was repairing the console cover. I was impressed with the tough, thick character of the fabric. Much thicker than I thought it would be just from the feel of it on the seats.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
trapperjohn said:
Hi,
Thanks for the info!
Will get a new one but of course I got questions.

Do they usually have this in stock or does it normally require a 2nd visit?

Has this been corrected or wil the new one do this also at some point?

Thanks again,
Bryan
When I brought mine (04) in with same problem, they had part in stock. Took about 20min to replace the top of console. Has not happened again. That was about a year ago.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Warranty replacement

I requested replacement of the center console at 35,500 miles.

They had to order it, but called me and replaced it in about 20 minutes.

No charge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
redwein said:
The dealer installed a leather interior on mine before I got it. It included the center console and the door arm rests. I don't know how expensive it would be but I imagine you could go to a leather upholstery shop and have them just do the console and possibly the arm rests in a matching color. I think that would fix it permanently.
The dealer installed leather in mine as well so I don't have this problem. I'd take the lid off like the other suggest and try resecuring it with some sort of adhesive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got my Prius detailed recently. The cover was coming up too. My guy took it apart and reglued it. He said the piece was cut too small. Overall he thought the material was pretty delicate and surprised that Toyota hadn't used something a little more durable.
so far, that center piece hasn't come back up. I might get covers a little sooner now. :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine too

My dealer just ordered the replacement part, which was not in stock. I'm at 15,000 miles. They covered it under warranty.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts