Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed in other postings, but I would like to share my experience. I picked up my Prius and immediately noticed grimy marks on the arm rest just from the few drivers who drove during the prep procedure. After waiting to have it cleaned I got to thinking about how easily it would show wear, since it is used so much.

I also noticed that, at least for me, it is too low to actually rest my elbow on while holding stearing wheel (even tilted all the way down).

I found a travel pillow made of that posturpedic foam material at BRookstone that fits very well on the armrest and provides a luxurious elbow cushion while driving. It is shaped like a cylinder cut in half length-wise and fits over the armrest like it was made to be there. The fabric covering goes well with the tan interior and zips off for washing. The cushion sits high enough that it slightly wedges between teh front two bucket seats and stay in place even when the armrest lid is raised.

The foam cushion is a bit pricey ($80) but is well worth it for long trips where fatigue might be an issue. I can always use it for a head pillow for naps or for passengers... thought this might be of interest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bradca21 said:
TimeFor said:
Cool Mod, I like it. How do you keep it from moving around? and where did you get it?
think he said he got that one at Brookstone (I love that store)

No clue how he keeps it in place

I've never heard of Brookstone. What kind of store is it? There must not be any around me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Raise your armrest for FREE.

If you would like your armrest to be a little higher and more comfortable here is how to do it. If you are satisfied with the armrest the way it is read this post and do nothing.

When you open the Prius center console you will find a small black tray which can be used to hold change, a pen, keys, etc. This tray is removable and has an alternative use which I don't think is mentioned in the owners manual.

Remove the tray and you will notice that there is a slot on the front-inside of the console. Put the tray into the slot allowing it to stand up vertically. The top of the tray should face the rear of the console. Close the armrest and the armrest is now resting at a convenient upward angle and is actuallhy usable as a place to rest your right arm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts