Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sorry... but the consumption screen doesn't show lifetime mileage (unless they changed it on the 2006). It's only the mileage for that tank full (or from last reset, whichever is more recent). To keep lifetime, use spreadsheet or pencil and paper. You didn't do lasting harm.

If Toyota changed that for 2006 model (and you have 2006), then disregard.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
If you had a Classic Prius, you could go with never hitting the reset button on the Consumption Screen and have a lifetime MPG (but no per-tank or per-trip MPG).

On the 2004-current Prius, with the exception of a few unusual circumstances, the Consumption Screen MPG will reset itself whenever you refuel. So, I wouldn't worry too much if you accidentially hit the reset button...

And no, there's no way to re-input the old numbers, that I've heard of.

(My Consumption Screen MPG on my 2001 has "rolled over" 3 times now, and I've missed it each time! Max display is 9999 miles, and it just truncates any digits in front of that.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2006 resets my miles driven each time I fill up, but doesnt reset the MPG. I assume this is a feature of all 2006 models. Am I right? Anyone with a 2006 that can verify that?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Prius in PA said:
My 2006 resets my miles driven each time I fill up, but doesnt reset the MPG. I assume this is a feature of all 2006 models. Am I right? Anyone with a 2006 that can verify that?
oh, yeah, I forgot that Toyota changed that part of the reset thing with the 2006 MY. Thanks for reminding me!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prius in PA said:
Yeah, that's what I meant. Not the miles driven, but the fuel economy. The miles driven would reset everytime, but the lifetime fuel economy would not. Unless you happen to push the reset button...

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Asian Brad said:
[quote="Prius in PA":1lux7ohl]My 2006 resets my miles driven each time I fill up, but doesnt reset the MPG. I assume this is a feature of all 2006 models. Am I right? Anyone with a 2006 that can verify that?
Yeah, that's what I meant. Not the miles driven, but the fuel economy. The miles driven would reset everytime, but the lifetime fuel economy would not. Unless you happen to push the reset button...[/quote:1lux7ohl]

Wouldn't you lose it the first time the battery was disconected anyway?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hep said:
Asian Brad said:
[quote="Prius in PA":1e8x0as4]My 2006 resets my miles driven each time I fill up, but doesnt reset the MPG. I assume this is a feature of all 2006 models. Am I right? Anyone with a 2006 that can verify that?
Yeah, that's what I meant. Not the miles driven, but the fuel economy. The miles driven would reset everytime, but the lifetime fuel economy would not. Unless you happen to push the reset button...
Wouldn't you lose it the first time the battery was disconected anyway?[/quote:1e8x0as4]

Not necessarily. If it is stored in something similar to flash memory it wouldn't go away.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
based on Classic Prius reports, the Consumption Screen MPG/odometer will not reset for a quick (I'd guess less than a 1/2 hour) 12v battery disconnect. (Mine was fine through the 4 hour SSC 40G resealant procedure.) But, if it is disconnected for a long time (over a day or two), as in the car is in the repair/body shop, then the Consumption Screen will reset.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.