Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Prius owners more "religious" (as "judged" by Church attendance)? I live in an area with no Toyota dealerships and seemingly small number of Prius on the road. But when I go to Church, the church parking lot is filled with large numbers of new, shiny Prius. Is it a miracle? :roll:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I go to church but I don't think I'm anywhere as religious as the rest of the Tennesseans. There are some pretty intense people here.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Well, I was the primary decision-maker for the purchase of our Prius, and I'm a 'rougly agnostic sort-of-Christian'.

My wife is a firm-believing, but in-between-churches Missouri Synod Lutheran. (Her old, 'regular' church is just too far away to take a one year old to; and we tried the closest church of her denomination, but she didn't like it, so we're hunting for a new one; she is allowing some straying from her exact denomination, so we might try a Unitarian or something. Looked at a Four-Square, but it was a freakin' mall it was so packed. Too big for my tastes.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
...Oh brother....here we go again...(see "democrat or republican")

Can't we all just drive the car and believe in what we want?

"Volta-mort" @ Hogwarts! Ha!

·
Registered
42 Posts
mmmm, I live in an area with no Toyota dealerships (in town) and know several parishioners that have shiny new Priuses. Yep, and that would make me a well educated, practicing Catholic.

Patti

·
Registered
5 Posts
littleprius said:
Are Prius owners more "religious"
Interesting question. I see a lot more Prius at the local Micro Center computer store on any given day than I see at my church. I would tend to think that they are 'techies' concerned about God's green earth.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My church is small and on summer Sundays there may be only a dozen cars in the lot, but four of them are Prius. Including the salsa that our new minster drives. I liked her automatically.

God bless us, every one.

T. Tim

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
My church is quite large, about 5000 people that attend weekly (3 services). As far as I know, I am the only Prius owner. A few have inquired, one wanted to buy one, but every dealer she encountered wanted a markup, and/or gave her a poor trade-in allowance, thus she would have to pay more than she was willing.
She doesn't use computers, so she couldn't follow my suggestions to research and to make offers requests.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I am a practicing Catholic. There are two of us in the Parish that have Prii; myself and one of the resident Monsignors. We both purchased from the same out of town dealer.

I do not think owning a Prius indicates anything about religion or faith. As the car becomes more common place I also do not believe that it is an indicator of political bent either. The bad news to those who espouse the vehicle with an ideological bent is that as the vehicle becomes commonplace, it will no longer be a car purchased by “missionaries” but by commoners who have more practical desires for their vehicle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Local Lutheran hybrid-car count:

3 Prii + 1 Honda at a 600-member congregation
2 Prii in a 200-member congregation

"Here I stand, I can do no other!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts