Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to picking up my '06 Prius (siver pkg 7 with non-factory leather) in the coming days. I want to add Sirius satelite radio, but am not certain of the quality of integration with the built-in radio/MFD of different brands/models.

Are all kits about the same, or are some better integrated than others?

Thanks in advance,
Ric

P.S. My choice of Sirius over XM is soley because Sirius offers a lifetime subscription and XM doesn't.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Only Toyota's integrates with the MFD and steering wheel buttons. I ordered mine online and installed it in half a day. Order the model for the Solara, there isn't one called out for the Prius. Look for a small Terk antenna online-- the Toyota model is large and ugly.

·
Registered
114 Posts
KTPhil said:
Only Toyota's integrates with the MFD and steering wheel buttons.
It's actually a Pioneer receiver, made to work with Toyota radios, isn't it?

Order the model for the Solara, there isn't one called out for the Prius. Look for a small Terk antenna online-- the Toyota model is large and ugly.
Or order from PriusJon @ factoryinteractive.com, and you'll get the smaller antenna and a highly recommended installation DVD. Yes, you'll be spending around $80 more, but you'll be buying from someone who has a long history of supporting the Prius community.

·
Registered
21 Posts
priusenvy said:
KTPhil said:
Only Toyota's integrates with the MFD and steering wheel buttons.
It's actually a Pioneer receiver, made to work with Toyota radios, isn't it?

Order the model for the Solara, there isn't one called out for the Prius. Look for a small Terk antenna online-- the Toyota model is large and ugly.
Or order from PriusJon @ factoryinteractive.com, and you'll get the smaller antenna and a highly recommended installation DVD. Yes, you'll be spending around $80 more, but you'll be buying from someone who has a long history of supporting the Prius community.
I installed the factoryinteractive Sirius in my wife's car a couple of weeks ago. It took a couple of hours, but the DVD gave step-by-step and was very clear.

We are delighted with the performance. I, like you, purchased Sirius rather than XM because of the availability of a lifetime subscription -- that will cease being offered, they say, in July. By the way, included in the lifetime subscription is the option of transferring the subscription to a new radio three times for a $75 fee each time. That, too, is quite valuable, in my opinion. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts