Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone given the new Video iPod a try with the AIC-100i?

I would rather not be the first to experiment with it :) I have the Vais but no iPod yet. I am thinking I should be looking for a good deal on a 4G model.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I went to the Apple store but they would not go out to my car and try it out!! Imagine that. I guess if I drove to Washington to Ohio where my daughter works at an Apple store I might score it is a bit far. BTW for those of you that thing Washington refers to a city I meant the state, I did not say Washington DC!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Eugen from Vais, only version 3.50 works with the new Video iPod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ScubaX said:
Hi ScubaX,

I just received my AIC-100i from Eugene through Priusonline group buy last Monday. I also plan to buy the latest iPOD video and has asked Eugene if AIC-100i is compatible with iPOD video or not. He replied they
haven't tried the new iPOD with AIC-100i yet. How can I tell if my unit is version 3.5?

·
Registered
4 Posts
ttsui said:
ScubaX said:
Hi ScubaX,

I just received my AIC-100i from Eugene through Priusonline group buy last Monday. I also plan to buy the latest iPOD video and has asked Eugene if AIC-100i is compatible with iPOD video or not. He replied they
haven't tried the new iPOD with AIC-100i yet. How can I tell if my unit is version 3.5?
I just received a reply email from Eugene on the iPOD VIDEO compatibility question. He said I will have to send my aic-100i to VAISTECH to upgrade the firmware to v3.50.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To tell the verison number it must be installed. The version will be on the MFD screen when not in text mode.

I don't understan why they are sending out versions not compatible with the current iPod on the market. Can you really even buy a 4G version anymore from a regualar store?

·
Registered
4 Posts
ScubaX said:
To tell the verison number it must be installed. The version will be on the MFD screen when not in text mode.

I don't understan why they are sending out versions not compatible with the current iPod on the market. Can you really even buy a 4G version anymore from a regualar store?
Not on the big retailer stores. You might still be able to get 4G iPOD from some online stores but they are still costly as compared to the new models. For example, a b/w 20GB model still costs $220. A 30GB photo still costs over $324 at http://www.ecost.com. Not sure why they cost higher than the new model. Probably because the new model doesn't have a firewire support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
aic-100i works with iPOD video!!

Today I finally found time to install aic-100i and check if it works with my latest iPOD video I bought from Target a week ago. Eugene was kind enough to upgrade my newly purchased aic-100i firmware to v3.50.

During the 1st test, the navigation head unit couldn't recognize the adapter. However, if I run diagnostic, I can see MD changer was recognized. I have tried power cycle the head unit but it didn't help.

The last thing I did before I giving up was to reprogram the adapter to emulate a CD changer instead of the default MD changer. What do you know, it works perfectly this time. The head unit recognizes the adapter+iPOD as a CD changer. Since I have only 1 playlist loaded on the iPOD, I am yet to test the disc selection function.

If Eugene is listening, here is one suggestion:
I found out the disc selection is a bit confusing at first when I cycled through CD -> DVD -> CD changer/iPOD -> CD -> DVD -> CD changer/Aux -> CD ....
At first I thought the adapter/iPOD hanged while the input was actually in AUX mode. Later I realized the CD Changer setting is toggle between iPOD and AUX input. I think if the adapter has a toggle switch that can disable/enable the DISC selection cycle for AUX input, that would be more flexible and user friendly.

Anyway, thanks to Eugene for his fast response. He didn't even charged me for the return shipment!

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts