Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Seaside Blue/Gray with package #3 on order, but I've turned down two Silver/Grays so far and I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake (i.e., they're so rare that I shouldn't wait for one).

Has anyone seen a 2006 Blue/Gray combo with package #3 in person?

Thanks,

Marv

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well you've seen the gray interior already, and the outside color should look the same as the 2005 Seasides AFAIK, so isn't that enough? If you don't like the look of the silver then you might as well keep waiting. Otherwise you'll buy a silver and then later you'll see a seaside and feel regretful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I wasn't clear: I already know I like the combo.

I'm just wondering if anyone has actually seen that combo ship yet. My dealer was convinced the blue doesn't come with gray until I made them call Toyota to confirm the blue/gray *is* available on 2006 models.

I can wait a little while, but if that combo isn't shipping for several months (e.g., like the Magnetic Gray that isn't shipping until May) I need to go ahead with a silver/gray -- just had a new baby and need something that'll more comfortably fit two car seats than my coupe! :)

Cheers,

Marv

·
Registered
29 Posts
Marv,

A friend of mine picked up her 2006 Seaside/Grey Pkg #7 today. I know you are looking for confirmation on a #3... but you may be interested knowing that this color combination is available.

/Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven't actually seen it; but I will be picking up a Seaside /gray #3 sometime this week.
I'm guessing it's a fairly popular combination.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seaside Pearl w/gray interior

I picked up my seaside pearl w/gray interior, package seven on January 1. It's a beauty! If you'd like I could take a few pics if the SUN ever comes out here on Long Island!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
qed, would you mind telling me what region you're in? I'm in Northern CA, and my dealer just called telling it'll be a long wait for the Seaside Blue/Gray combo.

Anyone else in Northern CA that's ordered that combo?

Cheers,

Marv

·
Registered
18 Posts
marvster said:
qed, would you mind telling me what region you're in? I'm in Northern CA, and my dealer just called telling it'll be a long wait for the Seaside Blue/Gray combo.
Marv
I'm in Hawaii. I guess the combos can vary a lot by region. I was originally getting a Blue/Gray#3 at the end of Jan from a Jan shipment, but someone backed out of a sale and I will be getting the same combo from a Dec shipment. (Thursday hopefully).

Toyota works in myterious ways.
:?

·
Registered
4 Posts
marvster said:

Anyone else in Northern CA that's ordered that combo?

Cheers,

Marv
Try Elk Gorve Toyota, ask for Ed Fierro in Internet Sales. They will order you what you want and they tend to keep some in stock too. I just picked up my Silver/Gray 06 on 1/1... I ordered it Dec. 30 :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got mine yesterday...

When I ordered the vehicle, I chose leather in the "bisque" color. When they called me yesterday to come in for the car, they said it had the bisque interior.

My exterior color is silver pine mica. No where on the window sticker can I find the interior color unless it is in code.

The color is stated as SILVER PINE MICA/LD11. I assume LD11 is the interior color. It sure looks grey to me, but I didn't say anything since I LOVE it. Whether it's bisque or grey, this IS the color I would have chose if I had seen a actual sample.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just saw the picture below on the web...

I just saw the picture below on the web and it doesn't look anything like my color so maybe I do have grey and this picture is bisque?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 2006 Seaside Blue/Gray, package #3 since Saturday and am very pleased and impressed with it. A much nicer car than I believed I would get. I moved from a 1999 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl, 5 spd to this and have lost nothing except playing with the gearbox so it's a good change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
klwill said:
I've had my 2006 Seaside Blue/Gray, package #3 since Saturday and am very pleased and impressed with it. A much nicer car than I believed I would get. I moved from a 1999 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl, 5 spd to this and have lost nothing except playing with the gearbox so it's a good change.
Had my '06 Blue/Gray #3 since Jan 5. Really like it also. I moved from an '89 Accord, so pretty much everything about it is a good change :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts