Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone pre-ordered a 2006 Prius for a January delivery. I went to a dealer today and they said they couldn't get me on any kind of list until December if I wanted it delivered in January. (They also had no idea about the new tax credit and thought the current one was also an actual CREDIT).

Also anyone one know of any good dealers in Southern California?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cannot speak for SoCal but I ordered mine here in Kansas the other day. They said that Toyota says January, but there is a very good chance I can take delivery in November.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't take delivery in november or you won't get the new $3200.00 income tax credit. You have to take delivery on or after jan 1 2006.
I am at Long Island, NY and I already pre ordered what I want in my 2006 prius and gave a $500.00 deposit. The salesman said he will have the prices and options in mid to end september. And he will call me to firm up my order.

here is the latest best guess about what will be offered. I got this off priuschat.com

2006 Prius option codes, package contents and exterior/interior color combinations. Please note that each of the twelve Toyota regions are able to order any, all or none of the packages.

FE- 50 State Emissions, Included w/All Packages

GY #1- Driver and Passenger Side and Curtain Airbags (your basic TRAC car)

HE #2- Rear Camera, AM/FM CD 6 Speakers & MP3, Smart Key System

HF #3- RC, AM/FM etc., SKS, All the airbags

HG #4- Vehicle Stability Control, RC, AM/FM etc., SKS, All the airbags

HI #5- VSC, RC, JBL AM/FM, CD Changer, 9 Speakers, Bluetooth & MP3, SKS, Security Alarm & Homelink, All the airbags

HK #6- VSC, HID's, RC, JBL etc., SKS, Alarm & HL, All the airbags, Front Fog & Driving Lamps

NL #7- VSC, HID's, RC, JBL etc., SKS, Alarm & HL, All the airbags, Navi, Fog & Driving Lamps

NW #8- VSC, HID's, RC, JBL etc., Natural Leather Seating Material, SKS, Alarm & HL, All the airbags, Navi, Fog & Driving Lamps

Exterior/Interior Colors- Super White (040) G/B, Classic Silver Metallic (1F7) G/G, Magnetic Grey (1G3) available w/04/2006 production G/G, Black (202) G/B, Barcelona Red Metallic (3R3) G/B, Driftwood Pearl (4S2) B/B, Silver Pine Mica (6U0) G/B, Seaside Pearl (8S2) G/B. The G or B indicate the interior colors (Gray or Beige) that will be available for either the cloth or leather. G/B means Grey or Beige is available for both, G/G is Grey only for both, B/B is Beige only for both.

My dealer said that this is firm, although there's speculation that leather may become available in other packages w/o Navi. First 2006 cars will be produced 10/2005. Pricing TBA.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered my 2006 last weekend in July... Black with what we know now to be package #8, basically loaded witht the ash interior.

When I ordered it they swore up and down 6-8 weeks but I told him that day I dont think so. I went in there 2 weeks ago with the latest info we all now have from these groups and he was shocked. Amazing that they bullshit people, even those who they can tell right away know more than them about these cars.

Anyways, I'm just eagerly awaiting getting this car hopefully early November but I feel it'll prob be more towards the end. Yeah, I know about the tax thing but in the end the govt. does nothing but screw the average hard working person so what I get back from them will be what I get back. If I get it end of Nov beginning Dec I'llb e damed if it doesnt get listed as Jan 1 on the forms anyway...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which dealer on Long Island?

SYNCMASTER,

Which dealer did you pre-order from on Long Island?

I am still looking for recommendation. Any pointer would be greatly appreciated!

azemission

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just preordered a 2006 today, but they didn't have the package details for the 2006 yet, so we filled out the buy order as if it were a 2005.... do I need to worry about not getting the options I want? I got package 6, which in 2006-speak is equivilent to package 7... what should I do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts