Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious since a lot of dealers I've talked to have these ready now!

I'm a little wary of giving up the airbags, but I'm considering it to get mine now.

Anyone have opinions on this?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Package 4 is the only package imported to Puerto Rico, so that's the one I have. I would've liked to have the side and curtain airbags (I had them in my VW Golf), but this is unfortunately not standard equipment in the Prius.

This package includes the rear wiper, the smart entry system, theft protection, and the Homelink mirror.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
lagavulin said:
Any chance the side curtain airbags could become an aftermarket option :?:
probably not, as the VIN of Prius with and without the side air bags are different. (never saw the option on the classic Prius, either.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
As I am in the automotive industry, I might be able to give an answer on side airbags as an aftermarket option.

From my research into this for some of my customers, there is no one that can do it for a few reasons. The biggest is safety. They would have to have many permits and licenses to perform that kind of work as well as certifications on their techs. The second is cost. You would have to tear out and replace so many different parts to do this properly, that it would not be cost effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts