Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we don't get hid, and our pricing is crazy with the current exchange rate. has anyone imported a US prius into canada, or are any US dealers willing to take care of this for me? i'd be looking for a silver pkg6

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I believe the issue you have to work out is provide Day Running Lights. With non HID, that should be easy, just power the lower wattage filament when driving the car with the lights off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's plenty of ways to do that here - usually just constant on factory fogs that click off when the high beams go on. i'd be happy to do that myself, but the recall clearance letter, etc. is a pain to get i hear. it seems toyota corporate doesn't want their us stock shipped over the border...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Fogs did not come in packages without HIDs. It might be possible to retrofit however, if there are blanks that can be removed and the fog housing installed instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good thing i want hid then. in fact, it's one of the big reasons for wanting to import a US model. i can't believe toyota thinks Canadians don't want hid headlights...

and i can't believe they think we're willing to pay $4K to $5K more than americans are for the same car.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It's because of DRLs we don't have HIDs. I've seen a taxi with HID headlights and HID foglights. He also tricked it out with 17" chrome wheels. Anyway, yeah you could always add it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts