Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put ourselves on the waiting list earlier this month. We're being told 6-8 months before delivery, meaning it'll likely be a 2005. My wife likes the driftwood pearl, but I"ve never seen it on the road. I hope it'll resemble the sanddrift color of the corolla or camry, but I"m not sure. I hope it doesn't look like the tan color of the new Honda CRV. Has anybody seen the car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Drfitwood. (I ordered a seaside but this came in first and thee guy ahead of me declined it). Anyway, it is tan. I am very happy with it. It does not show dirt.

The 3rd picture in the link in the above post is very close, but the actual color is a little lighter than the photo, which has a bit of shadow to it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also have driftwood pearl. The color is best described if you have a reference vehicle. Close color is bronzemist by GM (the driftwood is lighter but close). It is not everyone's favorite, but it has been described to me as "rich" or "elegant" looking. Personally, I really like the color. Light tan metallic with a hint of gold. As mentioned, it hides dirt well and shines very well in the sun. I only have high res pictures, so I will have to figure out how to post those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up our driftwood pearl yesterday and made the 400+ mile drive home today. I had not seen an actual car in this color and we had requested silver. But like so many other anxious waiters, we did not want to wait until some undetermined time when the silver one would show up. (This might happen to you too, it an opportunity presents itself!)

It really is a beautiful car and I am more than glad that we received the driftwood pearl. I compared the driftwood color to other "gold" cars in a parking lot yesterday and decided that driftwood is definately more bronze than gold - a very complex paint with more brownish tones than yellow tones. Also, it is a very striking contrast to the black accents. The interior is perfect with this color car because it matches so well - tan and what looks more like soft black than brown. It could not be prettier. BTW - 52.2 mpg from the dealership to home.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I originally wanted the driftwood pearl, but took the tideland pearl because it was available at the time. Saw a driftwood pearl yesterday afternoon; I think you'll be happy with it. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Silver -> Driftwood

I started my search for the Silver too, but when the Driftwood became 'available', I jumped on it. It's a pretty nice color though. It has grown on me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nyopath said:
We put ourselves on the waiting list earlier this month. We're being told 6-8 months before delivery, meaning it'll likely be a 2005. My wife likes the driftwood pearl, but I"ve never seen it on the road. I hope it'll resemble the sanddrift color of the corolla or camry, but I"m not sure. I hope it doesn't look like the tan color of the new Honda CRV. Has anybody seen the car?
Driftwood pearl is very gold. Check out http://priuschat.com/forums/album_showp ... pic_id=608 for a good photo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a Driftwood Pearl Prius and LOVE the color. I think it is very classy. I have seen Black, Salsa Red, Seaside Pearl, White and Tideland Pearl in person and they are all nice. But I LOVE my Driftwood Pearl. Did I make myself clear? I hope so.

Jil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts