Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'4", I test drove the prius and the seat did'nt go as far back as I would have liked. Anyone have a problem with this?

·
Registered
215 Posts
seat

I'm just over six feet tall and am comfortable enough in the Prius. However, it confounds me why the seats don't go back more. With all the available room in the back, they couldn't squeeze 6 more inches? As I said, I'm okay as it is, but, once in a blue moon, doesn't everyone have to change pants in the car??? Understanding that there's likely a reason for it, it's still one of the things they seem to have missed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am 6'2" and I also feel that just 2 more inches would be benificial. But I am willing to sacrifice my comfort for the gas milleage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am 6'2" and 195 pounds. The roominess is one of the things that I like about my Prius. I was marginally comfortable in two previous cars (Mercury Tracer wagon and 1977 Toyota Celica). My Ford Ranger pickup and 1970 VW beatles were also comfortable.

Roger

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
"My Ford Ranger pickup and 1970 VW beatles were also comfortable."

Which Beatles, John, Paul, George, or Ringo (or maybe even Pete)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hyperion said:
It's not the leg room for tall drivers per-say but the uncomfortable arm reach for the non telescoptic wheel.
amen! it feels awkward as if the distance from the seat to the pedals don't coincide with the distance to the steering wheel. i'm a t-rex!

·
Registered
9 Posts
A little over 6'5" here. Yes, it would be nice to slide the seat a little further back. But, the Prius is as comfortable (or even better than) any other car out there that I would consider driving. (And it is much more comfortable than my old Insight, which was great fun, but a little tight.)

-Henry

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
6' and I feel okay. I do wish there was more front legroom. My left foot feels cramped in the left footrest while in the Camry, there's so much room that I can't even place my entire footprint on the driver's footrest without stretching!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fine for me, I'm 6 foot and the wife if 6 foot 2!!

S

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm 6'2". I only have about 100 miles on my Prius so far, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the room in that its not uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I'm investigating getting a modification to the driver side seat track to gain a little more leg room, but I'm starting to think that it will be unnecessary. It seems there's juuuuust enough leg room to be comfortable even on longer trips.

The real problems I have are:
- Getting in/out is a little tough, but once I'm in, its very comfortable.
- Steering wheel is further away than I'd prefer.
- I sit high in the seat (long torso), so even with it reclined a bit, my eye level is much too high. I figure my eye level is at least 4-6 inches above the optimum level. I need to lean over to see street lights, and the rear-view mirror blocks most of my view to the front-right of the car.

Overall the problems are typical for me, and the Prius is more comfortable than most small cars (and many bigger ones).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Six foot five (in ancient imperial speak) and comfy in all respects with the seat all the way back. Bit hunch-backed in the back seat though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 6'1" and big too. I drive 100 miles a day and there was not enough leg room. My left leg hit the arm rest and was perma bruised. My right knee was less than an inch from the dash.

I went to a mobilty place that does modifications for disabled people and had the seat moved back 3 inches. So glad I did it.

Now I'm trying to find a way to lower the seat. Hard to do with the nav under the seat. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
smpolister said:
I'm 6'1" and big too. I drive 100 miles a day and there was not enough leg room. My left leg hit the arm rest and was perma bruised. My right knee was less than an inch from the dash.

I went to a mobilty place that does modifications for disabled people and had the seat moved back 3 inches. So glad I did it.

Now I'm trying to find a way to lower the seat. Hard to do with the nav under the seat. Any ideas?
Did they properly relocate the seat position sensor so the airbag will reduce its deployment at the right position?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Adjust seat.

On the driver seat track it looks like there is room for 2-3" more room to come back but I cant figure what is stopping it. Has any one been able to get the seet go back any further?

·
Registered
3 Posts
6' 6"

Well why don't they have an option for a electric seat. up/down/tilt. I have had to go to this option in many other cars to get the available head and leg room. Personally I am more comfortable in my Expedition but the mileage and ease is much more enjoyable in the Prius. It does have more than my Corolla did. I could use 3-4 inches back with 2-4 inches down for the most comfort.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
origami passenger

Sad to say, I found a flaw in my little prius. :( A friend was riding with me, and he's over 6 feet tall. Poor thing was all folded up in the front seat, eating his knees. I had the seat all the way back and all, but he was folded like a cricket. I guess I should have chauffered him in the back seat... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts