Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2006 Prius about 6 weeks ago, but it feels lika a lifetime. Does anyone have any advice how to be able to stand the pain of waiting another 12-15 weeks? I think I already have begun to morph into a prius driver since I have been starting to get annoyed that my current car doesn´t behave like a prius. "For god´s sake, turn off the engine you stupid car.....Oh, it´s not a prii...." "19 mpg!! Somethings wrong! Oh, it´s not a prii....." "Unlock the doors you stupid car!! Oh, it´s not a prii"

I have tried to stop the engine of my current car at stoplights, but the other cars just honks their horns at me..... :wink:

Geez, this waiting give me to much time to write this kind of crap :oops:

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is even more tough to wait when you know you have the money or the financing and you really want this car! My wait was ten weeks and two days. During that time, my wife and I started identifying Prii on the road and asking the drivers how they liked their cars.

Read everything you can on the Prius. Even the negative. Take everything you read with a grain of salt. Especially the negative. (The whole salt box?)

If you know someone who has a Prius, try to borrow their owners manual for a week so you can read and learn as much about the car as possible.

When you are checking out the car with the salesperson when it is being delivered to you, pay attention to the things they tell you. Even though you know a lot about the car, you will still learn some things you didn't know before.

As you drive your Prius home, exhibit a wide grin on your face! You've got yours now! Exhibit that Prius Envy! You are driving and saving gas! You are doing something for the environment by not excessively polluting it!

Wear your safety belt and drive carefully!

Stan

·
Registered
150 Posts
Arts 'N' Crafts!

Since you are already transferring Prius vibes onto your current car and you mentioned you had some time on your hands....

1. Find a picture of a lovely Prius (pref. in the color you ordered).

2. Cut it out carefully and glue it onto a popsicle stick.

3. Walk out to your driveway and hold up the "Prius-on-a-Stick" at a focal length where it completely covers the view of your current auto.

4. Enjoy the "view" of your future Prius sitting in YOUR dirveway.

-Safety Tip: You might want to engage in Steps 3 and 4 when you know the neighbors are away, lest you be dragged off in a straight jacket for being just a few fries short of a happy meal...

-This silly waste of Prius-Waiting-List-Time was brought to you by the friendly folks of Prius Online Productions... :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) Howdy sprett

Following PriusOnline forums, and PriusChat forums could be good therapy for you during your "wait." There is much to be learned about the features and peculiarities of the Prius, many questions you will have pre-answered when your Prius finally arrives. You might also note that you, in effect, are getting over $250/week "compensation" (Income Tax credit) during your "wait."

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Peruse "E"bay under cars and then Toyota Prius. Unfortunately you won't find an owners manual yet for a 2006 but when you do pay the 15 to 20 bucks. You'll want a spare in the house anyway. Except for options and a few cosmetics the 06 sounds ientical to the 4's and 5's so you might watch for a dealers info pack for an 05 or 04. They are full of info on the cars systems, what comes with warranties ect; along with a lot of neat pictures.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm also waiting as patiently as possible. To complicate things, my current car is "dead". I'll be carless and using the bus for about 3 months. Anyone want a 1984 Volvo station wagon that won't start? Just needs a new (expensive) wire bundle installed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sip a beverage really really slow and pretend you are a Prius engine and the glass is the gas tank. Play a game (see below). Be thankful that you aren't getting a stupid Honda Insight. Shop for accessories. If in doubt just masturbate a lot. :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Go to Church

Go to Church............!!!!!!!!!!!

and pray a lot and ask God to give you:

1.- No a lemon car.
2.- No defects from factory.
3.- And NO MPG READINGS PANEL AT ALL as an special feature for you in particular.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My wife and I used two different waiting strategies, because we waited twice: (1) for five months after which the dealer tried to overcharge us; followed by (2) a three-month wait with another dealer. During wait #1 we drove ourselves insane with anticipation, squealed with delight every time we saw a Prius on the road, and spent hours reading about our soon-to-be-delivered new car on PriusOnline and other websites. After the deal fell through, we were so depressed that for wait #2 we basically tried not to think about the Prius and just go on with our lives. Frankly, time passed a lot more quickly during wait #2 than during wait #1 (though the information gleaned earlier from PriusOnline etc. came in handy later on). However, strategy #2 might be very difficult to pursue if you haven't actually been disappointed! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been waiting for 2 months and 2 days. I just try not to think about it too much. Then I see a Prius on the road (and it always seems to be a Seaside Pearl :? , which is of course, the color I ordered) and as soon as I get home I have to get a PriusOnline and Priuschat fix.

Maybe it helps a little that I don't exactly which package and color I will eventually get; then I can't really envision MY car somewhere in the production pipeline.
Sometimes, as a distraction, I even look at other new cars.

Of course, your post made me think about it again and set me back weeks. I may need therapy. :lol:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Anything worth having is worth waiting for. (Of course I only had to wait 24 hours for mine.) Sorry, couldn't resist. Truly, anticipation is a great feeling. Enjoy the wait--can't be worse than the last month of pregnancy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, you guys really have a lot of advices to give. Sorry to say, I have already tried most of them, like herassing other Prius owners and forcing them to hand over their manuals for some fast reading. To bad I don´t get any "income tax credit" thingy since I live in sweden.

So, the top 3 advices for me will be : prius picture on a popsicle stick, stop thinking about the car whenever a see i Prius on the road and start to masturbate even more :oops: (where are the moderators of this forum.....)

Another thought that keeps haunting me that really should have it´s own thread : Who the h*ll is Rmarchena? What does he want? Does he even have a Prius? Sometimes sharp thinking, sometimes filled with some weird hatred against Priuses. This guy spooks me!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Try to remember it's just a material thing. It won't change your life and aquiring it will burst your anticipation bubble.

I'm on a waiting list myself. But, if I stop to think about all the things I wanted so bad in my life, I realize, none of them satisfyied my need for something else once I have it. That said, man I can't wait. :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's a nice but basically ordinary car. The driving experience is pretty mundane. It does get excellent gas milage though. Once the gas mileage "thrill" wears off (if it ever does) you may wonder what all the excitement was about.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
2far4gas said:
It's a nice but basically ordinary car. The driving experience is pretty mundane. It does get excellent gas milage though. Once the gas mileage "thrill" wears off (if it ever does) you may wonder what all the excitement was about.
Nice try 2far. Think sprett bought it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts