Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can tell me the antitheft option has an alarm, or is it just disabling of the engine?

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I wasn't clear.

I am about to go purchase a 2004 prius, but would like to ask this question here instead of relying on the dealer.

I am thinking of getting package #9 which includes an option called antitheft option.

Is this an alarm that will go off if someone tries to steal the car, or is just an immobilizer?

The reason I ask is because the dealer will try to sell me a third party alarm they put in, which would be useless if I have one already.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
The 2004 Prius comes standard with
an engine immobilizer. (Rolling-ID
chipped fob.)

The added antitheft option is the
alarm.

(I'm not sure if the antitheft option
includes the glass breakage sensor
or not, though, but definately the alarm.)

Look under the "Safety" heading in this document:
http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/e ... nation.pdf

·
Registered
106 Posts
trapperjohn said:
Maybe I wasn't clear.

I am about to go purchase a 2004 prius, but would like to ask this question here instead of relying on the dealer.

IThanks,
Bryan
I have a question Bryan. Quite seriously. Did you mean you are about to purchase a 2004 or did you mean you about to join a waiting list for the 2004. :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a question Bryan. Quite seriously. Did you mean you are about to purchase a 2004 or did you mean you about to join a waiting list for the 2004. :lol:
Hi,
Sorry I wans't clear about that. It turns out I went in to my dealer and placed an order for a Silver BC, on Nov 3. So I am on the waiting list. The good thing is I went to the dealer last week to check status and found out that I am number one on their list so I reminded that I would like to be called with first crack at a car.
I did state that I want a BC package but would be flexible with the color. So they were happy with that. There were 3 people on the waiting list behind me.
So as everyone on the watiing list!

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts