Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my new '08 Prius Touring edition with package #5. Part of this package includes an anit-theft system. I have not been able to find on the Toyato web site exactly what this system is. I do notice in the accessories there is a system called the VIP RS3200 Plus. This option is not available for choosing on the build a Toyota website when selecting option package #5. Does anyone know if this RS3200 Plus is the anti-theft system that comes in package #5? I have seen on this site that all the Prii come with this system installed and that the dealer has the ability to enable/disable it. Thank you all very much and I am so excited about getting my new car. They said I might have it before Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The anti-theft system is basically an immobilizer. Without the key, the car won't start. There is also a glass breakage option that can be added. I have it in my 04 and had it disconnected as it gave false alarms. My brother-in-law had the same problem with his 06.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firepa63, thank you for your answer. The engine immobilizer is a standard feature. The anti-theft system I am talking about is part of an option package. Does anyone know what this provides in addition to the engine immobilzer?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I'm not sure what advantage there would be to an additional anti-theft device. The Prius is a pretty hard car to steal. About the only way you can do it is with a flatbed truck. You can't even put the car in neutral without the key fob.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I have seen this same RS3200 + listed for other Toyota vehicles and there were many other security features it enabled such as the doors locking automatically when the car is put into gear. I have not been able to find any information as to what it does on the Prius.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I don't think it is available for the Prius. I've seen it advertised at my dealer, but was told that it was only for the conventional cars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the touring anti thieft system is a combination of a engine immobilizer (which requires the fob to start the car and unlock the doors) and a
car alarm, the car alarm will go off if someone unlocks the doors or hood without the key fob, the alarm upgrade is just a glass breakage sensor
other rs3200+s in other toyotas include remote start, which is not available on the prius.

if you get the glass breakage sensor you need a toyota dealer to turn it on
with the handheld tester

1 - 7 of 7 Posts