Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just seen at the television a report on a system anti-pollution system invented here in Quebec. The system splits the gasoline in molecule for a perfect combustion which reduces the Nox, CO2 emission to 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This seem impossible to me, but this product have been test since 1 year and the test are conclusive each time... The performance of the car increasing of 20% and fuel economy too! This is the invention of the century :eek: Is it the end of hybrid car?
I will bring more info one that later!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
"Perfect" combustion results in H2O and CO2 (water and carbon dioxide). How do you not produce CO or CO2 from a hydrocarbon fuel?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, i can't expaine like I want cause my english is sooo bad

But, the guy said that the system bring to a perfect combustion that brun everything.... and I saw it at the TV, they was testing a car with the system and the cumputer was showing 0% of CO2 and 0% of NOx... and this system works for all engine...boat, air plain and more.. The guy is supposed to go at the climatic conference soon!

I have an article but its in french...http://lcn.canoe.com/lcn/sciencesetmede ... 00604.html

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Such urban legends and snake oil claims have been going on for years. Sure, you MIGHT be able to do something to the fuel to make a more complete burn, but the engine is still going to do its thing, which is to combine oxygen to the gasoline in a reaction that yields H2O and CO2. Or, you could also treat that and get H2O, C2 and O2. What will you do with the carbon? Maybe we can have it make diamonds, or maybe pencil lead. Unless you go nuclear, atoms cannot be created nor destroyed.

Now as for NOx, that is a byproduct of the air that is rich in nitrogen being superheated in the combustion reaction. Cleaner fuel isn't going to fix that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
hydrogen fuel addative

SuperCharged said:
I just seen at the television a report on a system anti-pollution system invented here in Quebec.
There is no "perfect" combustion for no pollution… However, you’re probably referring to a new invention from Canada which does increase efficiency. Actually it's an improvement on a old technology, just nobody ever applied like this before. It's mostly for large trucks now, but they plan a smaller vehicle size model as well.

Basically it uses the engine to electrolyze a little bit of hydrogen from water. A gallon or so of pure water has to be replaced once in a while. It’s not enough to make a completely hydrogen powered vehicle, but that tiny bit of hydrogen injected into the gasoline combustion increases burn temperature resulting in a cleaner burn, for less pollution and more work. Basically, think of it as your car using residual and minimal electricity to produce a fuel additive, hydrogen, which then increases performance.

In large trucks the system has been reported to increase mileage by 10% or so, so trucks pay for the system in saved fuel in a year or less.

Pretty cool!

here’s some links:

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2005/11 ... hance.html

http://www.chechfi.ca/tehisyst.htm

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
It may very well be that was developed, but the article Supercharged presented says something very different.

Here's the babelfished article:

Environment

An Inhabitant of Quebec invents an apparatus which would make the cars non-polluting

The solution with the climatic changes could come well from Prévost, in Quebec.
A small company, Econoco, would have developed an apparatus which, when it is installed on the engine of a car, would bring back to zero the toxic fumes.
The same apparatus would allow also a saving in gasoline while increasing the performance of the vehicles.

A small gadget splits up the molecules of the fuel once installed on the gasoline line of the engine, making them thus more fluid.

"One breaks the gasoline to reorganize it then so that it burns better. A gasoline which burns better, automatically, form less carbon, which makes it possible to keep the candles longer ", affirms Gilbert Monge, representative of Econoco.

This electromagnetic system baptized Econopro was to serve, at the beginning, to purify water, but its inventors noted that once applied to the fuels, the results was even more amazing.

Tests were carried out hanging one year to the laboratories of the automobile techniques of the collegial City, in Ottawa, one of the only institutions accredited with the country. The apparatus was placed on three different vehicles and, each time, the conclusions was the same ones: zero polluting emanation.

The outlets for this apparatus are enormous. All the types of engines are adaptable, including those of the planes. The invention could cost 750 dollars the unit on a car. It would not any more remain but to interest the large companies in this invention.

·
Registered
17 Posts
'fuzzy chemistry ' :)

DanMan32 said:
Such urban legends and snake oil claims have been going on for years. Sure, you MIGHT be able to do something to the fuel to make a more complete burn, but the engine is still going to do its thing, which is to combine oxygen to the gasoline in a reaction that yields H2O and CO2. Or, you could also treat that and get H2O, C2 and O2. What will you do with the carbon? Maybe we can have it make diamonds, or maybe pencil lead. Unless you go nuclear, atoms cannot be created nor destroyed.

Now as for NOx, that is a byproduct of the air that is rich in nitrogen being superheated in the combustion reaction. Cleaner fuel isn't going to fix that.
you cant treat CO2 to get C2 and O2, that requires energy. that would just bring you back to where you started from... a hydrocarbon.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Re: 'fuzzy chemistry ' :)

Smackoww said:
DanMan32 said:

you cant treat CO2 to get C2 and O2, that requires energy. that would just bring you back to where you started from... a hydrocarbon.
Only if you add hydrogen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts