Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our base model 2005 silver Prius has surpassed our expectations ever since we bought it last April. We are averaging in the 52 to 54 mpg range since I started a job a month ago that required a 36 mile roundtrip daily commute. We were averaging almost 50 mpg before the new job.

The only complaint I have after 4000+ miles is that sometimes when I try to turn up the radio volume (using the "volume" knob on the radio), it instead changes the tuning to a different station. This is particularly annoying since usually when I try to turn it up, it's because there is a song or a news story that I really want to hear. Often by the time I have retuned it to the right station, I've missed it completely. I thought at first that I might have accidentally turned the "tuning" knob instead of the "VOLUME" knob, but in later occurances I double checked and it is the volume knob that I've been turning. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any similar problems.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes, I have. And I think it's because I accudentally hit the switch right next to the knob. I'm pretty sure that's it because when I adjust the volume by using the buttons on the steering wheel, it never happens. That knob needs to be higher so that I won't hit the switch next to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Janets98! I had to wait until my wife came home in the Prius to be able to go look at the "switch" that you mentioned - and I'm now feeling pretty dumb that I didn't figure this out for myself :oops: . The "switch" is a "Seek Track" button just to the right of the "volume" knob. After experimenting I found out that when turning the volume knob, the small knuckle near the tip of my index finger can activate the "Seek Track" button without me even feeling it touching anything. I was sure I had some kind of an intermittant wiring problem in the radio and I only have a finger problem! It would be nice, as Janet mentioned, if the volume knob was far enough away from the Seek Track button that I didn't have to worry about it. But now that I know what can happen, and what causes it to happen, I should be able to be a bit more careful and avoid the problem in the future.

Now I'm back to having no complaints at all about the Prius. Great car!!! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts