Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 and when I drive, I like to rest my left arm on the window sill. The exact spot where I like to have my arm, there is an annoying noise (sort of a crackling noise) caused by the weight of my arm. Has anyone else noticed this and is there an easy fix short of having the dealer take the door panel off and possibly cause more noises.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
No, but on a related note... does your '06 have the same texture on the sill that it has on the dashboard (as distinct from the former flat painted surface)? If it has the older surface, be VERY careful not to use sunscreen or other lotions on your arm. Many have reported that such lotin will remove the painted coating and spoil the sill surface.

·
Read Only
51 Posts
KTPhil said:
No, but on a related note... does your '06 have the same texture on the sill that it has on the dashboard (as distinct from the former flat painted surface)? If it has the older surface, be VERY careful not to use sunscreen or other lotions on your arm. Many have reported that such lotin will remove the painted coating and spoil the sill surface.
What dissolves the plastic in cars is insect repellent that contains Deet. If you read the label it says it dissolves plastic. Found this out the hard way on our previous car. We thought is was lotions and sunscreen at first also, but it turned out to be the insect repellent containing Deet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know about an easy fix but I have the same problem and am debating about taking it in to the dealer. Ihave a rear bumper applique they threw in the hatch w/ my purchase but would not apply it to the bumper, told me to take it to a body shop?????
06 pkg 7

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.