Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday my wife and I drove to Nystrom Toyota in Winona, MN. We met with Don Freeman who said he could deliver a Salsa Red #7 2005 in October or November, 2004, nearly nine months sooner than our hometown Toyota dealer which has a much longer customer list. We gave Don $1000 and got on his list in #8 position.
Mr. Freeman also said that if we were willing to take a package 9 we might be able to get our Prius a little earlier. We told him we'd consider it should the opportunity present itself.

Today Nystrom Toyota changed hands and became Underdahl Toyota. Coincidentally I got an early morning phone call from Don, who's staying with the dealership. Don said that he was getting a silver #9 and everyone else on his list before me wanted to hold out for a #7. Did I want the silver #9? If so it was mine! After a quick call to my wife I called Don back in about five minutes to tell him we'd take it! It is supposed to be here in ten days or so! Needless to say my family is really excited! I just wanted to share our good fortune with the group.
I'll let you know how it all transpires...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your wishes, David. We're being charged MSRP and the $515 delivery plus sales tax at .055% and a plate transfer fee. I don't believe I've heard of many, if any, that have done much better with price. I realize that no one wants to pay full MSRP, but I remember a KIA dealer was doing the same thing (full MSRP) when the Sedona came out back in 2000/2001. And I know I'm getting a lot more car with the fine Toyota product.

·
Registered
110 Posts
WB9GPI said:
Thanks for your wishes, David. We're being charged MSRP and the $515 delivery plus sales tax at .055% and a plate transfer fee. I don't believe I've heard of many, if any, that have done much better with price. I realize that no one wants to pay full MSRP, but I remember a KIA dealer was doing the same thing (full MSRP) when the Sedona came out back in 2000/2001. And I know I'm getting a lot more car with the fine Toyota product.
Don: Congratulations! Welcome to the family. Msrp IS a deal with a Prius. There are no "bargains" for a car this hot. I was delighted to get my blue 7 at MSRP from a dealer who was fun to work with.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
WB:

Congrats! Bob's right, MSRP is a good deal this year.

Bob, let's see a pic of that blue Prius! I had told my dealer I'd consider the blue if it wasn't too dark (Dark car + Florida = Lots of AC use). I never did have to decide, becuase the one that came was silver.

But I'm curious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:D :D :D Ordered my Prius in Dec. and got the call Monday it was on the way. Thought it was never gonna happen. Also I did get my Dealer to knock 450.00 off the MSRP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a deal similiar to yours but when I picked up the car they increased the price. They would not honor their own sales agreement signed by both the salesperson and manager which included a deposit. I was stuck with paying the new price or walking away. I took the car but gave the honesty/integrety of the dealer a shot in the survey Toyota sent. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my car Saturday and have to say I couldn't be happier. Thayer Toyota in Bowling Green, Ohio was great and they did honor the discounted price from back in December. Berry my salesman was a pleasure to do business with. Now all I have to do is figure out all the cars features..

·
Registered
14 Posts
WB9GPI said:
We met with Don Freeman who said he could deliver a Salsa Red #7 2005 in October or November, 2004, nearly nine months sooner than our hometown Toyota dealer which has a much longer customer list. We gave Don $1000 and got on his list in #8 position.
Mr. Freeman also said that if we were willing to take a package 9 we might be able to get our Prius a little earlier. We told him we'd consider it should the opportunity present itself.

Don said that he was getting a silver #9 and everyone else on his list before me wanted to hold out for a #7. Did I want the silver #9? If so it was mine! After a quick call to my wife I called Don back in about five minutes to tell him we'd take it! It is supposed to be here in ten days or so!
Thanks for the info. I'm on a list at a local Twin Cities Dealership with a 16 month waiting list. I called and spoke to Don, and now I'm #8 on their list. I beleive they only get one car per month, but I'm #2 on the list for package #9 so conceivably I could get the next one that comes in if everyone passes on it like they did in your case. Anyways, I don't expect it to be 8 months. I also decided to get on their Highlander Hybrid list, and they hadn't even started one yet so I'm #1!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts