Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I am the type of ppl that can't stand waiting for anything (i.e. If I mail order anything, I want it in 2days or less). So needless to say, waiting for a hitch (or a response) from Coastal has been pretty painful.

So, I have done a little digging today, and found this hitch online. I want to get some opinions on whether it is a viable option:

http://www.hitchesonline.com/toyota_cl1_prius_04-05.htm

Aside from that fact that it only comes in 1-1/4" receiver mount...anyone see any other issues with it?

Thx in advance.

Ed

·
Registered
582 Posts
Prius hitch

The only obvious differences are that the caostal is powder coated (and the other?). Hitchesonline includes attachment points for safety chains.

I assume that you have following the online discussions concerning the towing warranty issue?

I have the 2001 Prius, and there are unused cable connectors near the rear light fixtures. Speculation is that those can connect to trailer lights. Don't know if these are present in the newer Prius model.

DAS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...I didn't plan on towing anythiing. I just want the ability to use a hitch-mount bike rack, and Coastal is killing me!! :x

Just curious, what is the advantage of having power-coating? Better longevity?

Thx again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So....are you suggesting that the non-coastal hitch is better? Thx.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hitch from UHaul

I finally gave up on Coastal also. Just went with the UHaul Hitch for a Saris 1 1/4" . Works fine. Total cost was around $165 installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts