Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just ran across this site and it's great! I got my '04 Prius several months ago and have been loving it... great conversation piece if nothing else. :)

As such conversations take place, being in the company I tend to carry, the geek question (jokingly) always comes up -- "So, were do you plug the DVD player into?" But then we seriously think about it... why not!?

I've seen a few posts mentioning that there are aux audio ports which can be used, but have not heard anything about aux video ports -- or an attempt to create such ports. Surely someone else has at least pondered the idea of poping in the latest Pixar animation while stuck in traffic! :lol:

Has anyone come across any web sites that have attempted this, or has anyone attempted it themselves? Not being a "car hacker" I try to avoid poping my dash board too see what is inside, but I did come across some '04 Prius repair manuals... would these clue me in to the inner workings of the video sources, and potentially finding a bypass?

Hoag

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have nothing useful to add to this thread (other than I will be waiting for an answer, because I'd love to add a DVD player to my little home on wheels). I did, however, want to comment on the fact that you have a little still from Family Guy. Right on.

....see, only now I can't stop thinking about watching Family Guy episodes on my DVD player while parked on I-4. Someone come up with a solution!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Hedwig,

While looking deeper into this question I ran across this post at PriusChat.com. It shows a system which supports various goodies, including a DVD player; the only drawback seems to be a constant "Check surrounding for safety" text message which appears at the bottom.

As Coastal Dave (the author/creator) posts out, I could live with the message. Knowing that it might be annoying enough for someone not to use the system while the car is going 55 down the interstate. ;)

The system is made by Coastal Electronic Technologies Inc.. The system currently available is for the 2003 Prius. The 2004 model does not appear to be released yet. I just hope it become available soon so myself and my imaginary friend, Col. Schnops (who recently went crazy), and I can get away from the evil monkey that lives in my closet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts