Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I've never paid that much to fill up my Prius... At $2.39.9 per gallon.

I'm glad I don't have that Corvette anymore!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
BIF said:
Wow, I've never paid that much to fill up my Prius... At $2.39.9 per gallon.

I'm glad I don't have that Corvette anymore!
You hit the 7/11 on douglas? Was 2.35 yesterday

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thomme said:
KTPhil said:
You're lucky, it's 2.79 in L.A. now...
"Only" $2.65 in Beautiful Downtown Reseda.
Are you sure you don't mean:

Only $2.65 in "Beautiful" Downtown Reseda.

·
Registered
508 Posts
dgstan said:
Thomme said:
KTPhil said:
You're lucky, it's 2.79 in L.A. now...
"Only" $2.65 in Beautiful Downtown Reseda.
Are you sure you don't mean:

Only $2.65 in "Beautiful" Downtown Reseda.
Aww, that's cold, homes...

But come to think of it, this is odd - There are two stations across the street from each other (Sherman Way and White Oak Ave). The Shell, which is always a skosh cheaper, was $2.65, but the 76 directly across the street was a full dime more. Go figure.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Chevron and 76 stations on the corner of Fallbrook and Vanowen were at $2.759 today. My wife paid over $3.00 for super yesterday in West Los Angeles. She has to put super in her car. (Acura CL)

The price of a barrel went up to $66 today before sliding back to $65+. I don't think the price of gas is going down any time soon.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
"76 stations on the corner of Fallbrook and Vanowen"

I won't go there... 20 years ago I ran out of gas literally at the curb of their station (across the street, actually). I asked to borrow a gas can so I could add a little to my tank, then start it and get to their pump to fill the tank. They refused.

Besides, they are usually 5-10 cents higher than anyone else in Canoga Park.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here in Ottawa, Canada 1 litre of regular gasoline is selling today for $1.04 Canadian. Given 3.78 litres in a US gallon (we use imperial gallons here), and with an exchange rate of $0.83 US for $1 Canadian, we are paying at the rate $3.15 US for a US gallon.
All the more reason for a Prius.
What is galling is that we are an oil exporting nation. Canada is the U.S.'s number one source of foreign oil (17% of US oil comes from Canada). But we are paying more than Americans.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We are catching up fast. In Los Angeles, CA, there is a Chevron station across from Union Station that is selling the regular grade unleaded for $3.15 per gallon. That is about the highest I have seen (or heard about) in Southern California.

The 2 higher grades are $3.23 and $3.29 per gallon, respectively.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Exponential increase in prices and interest?

Local prices on the Virginia Peninsula

$2.17/gal on Saturday 8/6 at WaWa

$2.39/gal on Thursday 8/11 at Zoom's

$2.45/gal on Saturday 8/13 at the same Zoom's

As prices go up, so does the number of random questions about my Prius in parking lots. Maybe Toyota owes me a rebate for all the free advertising?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Exponential increase in prices and interest?

LowCO2 said:
...As prices go up, so does the number of random questions about my Prius in parking lots. Maybe Toyota owes me a rebate for all the free advertising?
They're already paid up. When was the last time you filled up? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts

LowCO2 said:
Local prices on the Virginia Peninsula

$2.17/gal on Saturday 8/6 at WaWa

$2.39/gal on Thursday 8/11 at Zoom's

$2.45/gal on Saturday 8/13 at the same Zoom's

As prices go up, so does the number of random questions about my Prius in parking lots. Maybe Toyota owes me a rebate for all the free advertising?
Wow! I wish we had that prices for fuel. I life in Holland (Europe). I pay more than € 1,30 / LITER!! $ 2,20 / gal is about € 0,50 / liter! So you drive really cheap (in my opinion)!!! :eek:

·
Registered
370 Posts

Marcgreet said:
Wow! I wish we had that prices for fuel. I life in Holland (Europe). I pay more than € 1,30 / LITER!! $ 2,20 / gal is about € 0,50 / liter! So you drive really cheap (in my opinion)!!! :eek:
Yeah, but you guys get hash bars, don't you?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The car I replaced with my Prius got about 25mpg. SO in real dollars (pre-prius) gas is only about 1.25/gal. Yippeee!

I bought my Prius in May and my calculations say I have already saved $130 in fuel bills.

·
Registered
3 Posts

dgstan said:
Marcgreet said:
Yeah, but you guys get hash bars, don't you?
Never got one.. You've never been in Holland I suppose? :shock:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts