Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for tan all weather floor mats for my Prius. Anyone come up with some decent aftermarket ones? Do they include the holes to help hold the driver's mat in place or did you make the holes yourself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been lurking on this forum for awhile and have learned a lot of useful stuff. It's time I reciprocated. A previous thread on this subject pointed me to the following URL: http://mats4less.com/camoflpr.html which advertises Carbox Floor Trays for the Prius.
I bought a set and like them very much. They are made for the Prius (good fit and color match) and have a lip around the edge that contains snow, mud and other nasty stuff pretty well. They weren't cheap; $89.99 delivered for the set of 4.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chaz...I didn't want to wait any longer for responses so yesterday i ordered WeatherTechs. I guess I can't go wrong with them...and not a moment too soon as snow and mud are already taking their toll on the original tan carpet mats.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm looking for tan all weather floor mats for my Prius. Anyone come up with some decent aftermarket ones? Do they include the holes to help hold the driver's mat in place or did you make the holes yourself?
There are some listed in the accessories brochure for the 2006. They are not tan though.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
wayneswhirld said:
Thanks Chaz...I didn't want to wait any longer for responses so yesterday i ordered WeatherTechs. I guess I can't go wrong with them...and not a moment too soon as snow and mud are already taking their toll on the original tan carpet mats.
I have the classic WeatherTechs (without the carpet inserts). Wonderful mat. Soft and pleasant underfoot, but holds just about everything I drag into the vehicle. They do not slide around. I never have to adjust them. They are a bit of a pain to put in and take out because they are so grippy. You learn to fold and lift them out, to take the dirt with them, but also to ease getting them in and out. Use the same technique to put them in. Fold and place roughly in the center of the floor area and then let one side down and get it in position and then put the other side down.

They have a cargo mat available now, they didn't last year when I ordered the car. I will be getting the cargo mat soon.

·
Registered
344 Posts
we actually just got the all-weather OEM mats. they're black and our interior is tan, but it actually looks pretty sharp. just my 2 cents.

hope you enjoy the mats you ordered :)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the input...I thought about getting black mats but I decided to go with tan. Black does set off nicely though. Jeromap, thanks for your detailed observations on your WeatherTechs. I wish I got them sooner but there was a cash flow crisis here :?

·
Registered
59 Posts
galaxee said:
we actually just got the all-weather OEM mats. they're black and our interior is tan, but it actually looks pretty sharp. just my 2 cents.

hope you enjoy the mats you ordered :)
I'm picking up my 06' in 2-3 weeks and wanted to get the rubber oem mats as well in black. Can you please take a pic or two of how they look when placed in the car and post them in here. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had the Carbox floor trays from Mats4less for several months now and have been very pleased with them, except for one problem. The four little velco squares have come loose from the bottom of the driver's mat, allowing it to slide around. When I get time, I plan to reattach them with Gorilla Glue and add a few extra velcro swatches for extra grippiness. (Floor mat grippy--not Stephen Colbert grippy.)

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Seaside Harry said:
I've had the Carbox floor trays from Mats4less for several months now and have been very pleased with them, except for one problem. The four little velco squares have come loose from the bottom of the driver's mat, allowing it to slide around. When I get time, I plan to reattach them with Gorilla Glue and add a few extra velcro swatches for extra grippiness. (Floor mat grippy--not Stephen Colbert grippy.)
I can honestly say that I would rather have a mat that has an effective friction grip than one that uses velcro that is then adhered to the vehicle carpet. Seems like a pretty ineffective solution to an device which is going to have a lot of forces working against it (feet moving around, the twisting motion of feet as you get in and out of the car).

·
Registered
215 Posts
mats

I'm still big on the Exactmats. They're clear (okay, translucent), so they let the color of your carpet (or carpeted mats) come through. They're basically the same material as the mats people put under their office chairs. They have multiple plastic spikes which grip the carpet effectively. I can't find a problem with them. Got mine from the dealer, but can find them on ebay and some that appear to be identical at: http://www.toyotaworld.com/accessories/ ... _clear.htm

marlowe

·
Registered
59 Posts
galaxee said:
i'll post pics as soon as i get a chance to take some. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it! :) I think I may just get the rubber mats and save the money on the carpeted ones. I always get the carpeted and then took them out leaving in the cheap rubber ones i have had from Costco for 3 other cars now...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very cool, thanks again for taking the time to snap off a few shots. I like them alot and how they fit perfectly around everything. This made up my mind, I'll b getting a set in black as well. 8)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the WeatherTech floormats (W-31 size in tan) that I ordered, yesterday. I am disappointed with them because they would have to be cut in 3 places to fit and also that they are not tan but a sort of gray taupe--a real mismatch. I am returning them and getting black Prius all-weather mats (since tan is not available) like Galaxee's. At least black matches other parts of the interior and sets off decently against the tan rugs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts