Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any information about where I can find floor mats for my 2004?

I want to pick up some rubber/plastic floor mats that cover the factory mats that came with my car to protect them.

I know they sell super cheap ones at target and walmart, but I want something nicer and made specifically for the prius.

I live in the great northwest and the rain and mud sure do have an easy time ending up on my floor.

I checked out allweather floor mats but was wondering what others have done for their solution...

thanks y'all

The Doc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interested too!

I'm mighty interested in the answer to this one as well. I'm in Toronto, Canada and although the winters are warmer there than most parts of Canada, we still see our fair share of snow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
custom mats

I really like mine from http://www.matdepot.com. They are out of the material that is used for carpet protectors in office supply stores. They are cut to fit the Prius, have little points on one side to eliminate slipping (though they fit so well, that isn't a problem) and the top has a slight pebble texture. Now one thing you might need that this doesn't offer is a lip to hold in liquids. My feet don't get that wet here so it is no problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: Interested too!

FlyingJoe said:
I'm mighty interested in the answer to this one as well. I'm in Toronto, Canada and although the winters are warmer there than most parts of Canada, we still see our fair share of snow.
In Finland, Toyota sells original Prius mats (both rubber and textile). It says Prius only on the driver's mat though. The set costs less than 100 USD. About 70-80 USD.

I have both :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you want something really nice try Exactmats.

They have them for the Prius. You can buy them separately. Fronts: driver and passenger. Cargo area. Back come two ways: right and left or one piece that does right, left and over the hump.

I have all three and chose the over the hump for the back.

They aren't cheap and don't look it. Nice heavy clear plastic with little plastic points on the underneath that stick into the regular carpet mats so they don't slide around. I really like that part.

I bought mine on eBay but you can also find them other places. I think toyotaparts.com might have them too.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I got mine from a great Toyota dealer in Cleveland who advertises on "E" bay. They are "exacta" and as have been described made of the same clear plastic used to protect carpet from desk chairs ect and sold by "Staples" The four piece set for front and rear are fifty dollars and the one for trunk fifty also. Spring time is now here and I can go back to my still new carpets!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I called up a dealership in Canada and got the geniune mats from them...

There's also a type made by carbox. You can get them from mats4less.com. I bought the rubber mat for the cargor area from them

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I went to http://www.mats.com/ That is the web site for weathertech. I did not get the Toyota factory mats because I felt there were too expensive for what you got and they were carpeted, so in time they would just get messed up. Anyway, the Weathertech mats are a near custom fit for the front seats and the mats for the back seats are universal fit, but provide a fairly good and tight fit in the back seat area.

What I like about them is that they are a nice floppy and grippy rubber. They have very deep groves and hold all water, dirt and gravel that I might track into the car, until I'm able to clean them out. I was the best aftermarket money I have spent on my vehicle. I anticipate having them in my car until I must part with it, which should be many years down the road.

·
Registered
154 Posts
jeromep said:
I did not get the Toyota factory mats because I felt there were too expensive for what you got and they were carpeted, so in time they would just get messed up.
I guess you are right. I think they are meant only for very dry weather. I will use mine from June till August. But even if they get messed up, you can always but new ones :)

How expenisive were they?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
dontcheff said:
I guess you are right. I think they are meant only for very dry weather. I will use mine from June till August. But even if they get messed up, you can always but new ones :)
I just flip mine to the rubber side in winter, and to the carpet side in summer. :) They hose off nicely!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Question for Jeromep

jeromep said:
I went to that site as you suggested, jeromep, and they have nice tan rubber mats. These mats are listed for a Prius Classic, but I see that you have a 2nd gen. Prius. I take it the mats fit fine there too?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pics anyone?

Anyone have any pictures of the Carbox II Cargo Liner? I'm wondering if they run up the back of the rear seats, so that it covers them when folded down.

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: Pics anyone?

hotgazpacho said:
Anyone have any pictures of the Carbox II Cargo Liner? I'm wondering if they run up the back of the rear seats, so that it covers them when folded down.
I just received the complete set of Carbox floor floor trays and cargo liner from mats4less.com and absolutely love them so far. However, the cargo liner does not extend up the seat backs. It looks just like the sample photo they show on the mats4less site, with a 2" lip all the way around (same for the floor trays). My only issue is that it is now rather difficult to access the storage area and the little cubby on the driver's side while the cargo liner is in place. While inconvenient, this is a testament to the perfect, tight fit of the liner all the way around the perimeter of the cargo compartment.

From what I've read, the WeatherTech liner and mats are very similar in fit and finish, but cost a bit more than the Cargobox products. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info, Seaside Harry. I may just invest in one later. The all weather floor mats and rear bumper protector I ordered at the dealer (their prices on these items were better than any I have found online) came in today, and my waterproof, side airbag friendly seat covers should come in next week. I think I'll hold off on any more accessories for now...

·
Registered
48 Posts
hotgazpacho said:
The all weather floor mats and rear bumper protector I ordered at the dealer (their prices on these items were better than any I have found online) came in today, and my waterproof, side airbag friendly seat covers should come in next week.
My dealer also gave us a great deal on the carpeted floor & cargo mats, but we wanted the "deep-dish" style all weather mats so I ended up going aftermarket on those. We also got a very good price on our bumper protector. It's the black Matrix-style, which we liked better than that clear Prius bumper applique.

Where did you get your seat covers? I'm thinking about investing in a set also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts