Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I bought a 2004 Prius right off a car lot this week with 27 miles on the clock, #9 package. I am delighted to own it and to psyched to join this forum. I have a couple of questions (1) about the floor mats. I know that the carpet mats are hardy. however, I'd prefer rubber mats because of how unattractive stained ivory covered carpet mats might be. Are they available for the Prius?
(2) is there a bike rack that fits this car well?
:D :lol:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here in Minnesota, the carpet mats would look awful in no time flat with all the winter mess that gets carried in on your boots. So during the winter, I just use a set of large clear plastic mats I picked up at Target. They're cheap, look decent, and do a great job.

http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-album76.htm shows the bike-rack I got from my Prius. It's heavily adjustable, is very light, is built pretty strong, and secures quite well to the car.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You can get that "Saris Bones" rack at most bike shops.

The price I paid for that 3-bike model was $124.99. There's also a 2-bike model available.

By the way, I don't actually use it much. Since 1 bike easily fits inside the car. Two is possible too, but it takes a second set of hands to get it in there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
rack...

Also don't forget Coastaletech.com and their receiver hitch, which can handle any number of bike racks. NOT recommended for towing (no safety chain hookups). Holds upwards of 200 lbs? If u need to carry bikes that weigh more than that...it's time to upgrade those bikes! Drive fun, drive clean, drive Prius!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts