Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i enable [I don't mean set or test] the alarm system on my 05. At the moment I get the flashing alarm but the system is obviously disabled.I do not have smart key.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Just because you don't have smartkey doesn't mean you don't have the alarm enabled.

A dealer can enable the alarm, but may instead try and sell you the alarm package. He is supposed to do that. They can use the scanner, go to Option Setup, then DOP Security, ON.
As long as they don't install GBS, DOP Security will be an option they can turn on.
If they do install GBS, then they have to remove or cut a specific wire to the Body ECU.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
If you are lucky your dealer will do it for free. If not, ask if you can pay shop time for the tech to put the scanner on and make the adjustment in software.

Assuming you get them to do it, either for free, or for shop time; before you pay, be sure to test the system, according to the process in the manual. That way you can make sure they have activated the alarm.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It is in Canada. The theft deterrent system only comes with the Premium or Navigation Package.

Yeah, as Dan said, the Prius already has the alarm, it's just disabled in certain models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anybody know how to change the theft-deterent system so that it doesn't honk the horn when it's activated and deactivated?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
That's really not the theft deterrent. Only cars with SKS has auditory answer-back, and the dealer can turn that off for you.

The answer-back occurs when you lock or unlock the doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts