Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HID lights on my 2004 Prius are fantastic, but after two months of night driving, I tended to get flashed by people thinking my high beams were on, when they weren't. These are the "autoleveling" lights. I can't spot any obvious up/down adjustment points, when I look under the hood, and the user manual doesn't indicate what to adjust.

At my 5k servicing, I asked the dealer to check them, and sure enough, they were too high....but now they are too low! Does anyone know a simple set of instructions to lower them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sounds to me like the (a) Dealer / Technician, that did the service check on the delivery of your car did not follow the strict "PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE CHECK SHEET"

Under C. Walkaround inspection ther is point number 12. "check headlight beam level operation"

If this is done then the lights will adjust them selfs during regular operation. That fact that they were high and are no too low after the dealers adjustment, suggests that the tidius pre-delivery inspection was not done, or not followed well enough by the Tech.

--- my advice is take the car back and have them show the form with abouve title toyota's document -#: MN 00406-PDS04-Prius. ---

lots of success, and great rest of the week, one Prius at a time... :)

Ralph
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At my 5k servicing, I asked the dealer to check them, and sure enough, they were too high....but now they are too low! Does anyone know a simple set of instructions to lower them?[/quote]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts