Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I did not get the built-in nav system, I now was considering an aftermarket GPS, which is much less expensive. Has anyone had any experience with the Magellan 760 or the Garmin Streetpilot 2720? Both sell at Best Buy for around $1000 and seem to get good reviews. DOD

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Streetpilot III in my other car and like it quite a bit. It is portable, so I can use it in rental cars when I go on trips. The software upgrades come out about every 2 years and run about $100 but are not really necessary unless you want them.The new Streetpilot is nicer since it has a touch screen. Good luck. BTW, you can generally buy them online cheaper (I got mine from http://www.gpsdiscount.com )

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the c330, and I love it. If it had been within my budget, I would have got the 2720 because I like the fact that it has a remote and a passenger can easily do the programming without leaning over to block your own view of the screen. The 2720 seems a step up from that, I'd go for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey,
i like the garmin one that looks like a miniture computer moniter.

but you can ALSO put a GPS system on your cell phone if you have a smartphone or pda phone. with Bluetooth GPS, it will work just like larger units and save you some serious cabin space..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts