Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
I have a 05 AM Seaside on order. We have a old 96 Subaru SW, 1998 Voyager with 64K miles on it. It is in great shape. We were going to sell the van for 5K to a old co-worker but I am not too sure. The SUbaru is not in great shape has 130K miles on it. I know in1-2 years we will have to get a car for my husband. Should we just keep all 3? He can drive the van to and from work and keep the Subaru just for bad weather since my van does not do so good in bad weather. I am very excited about getting my Prius I have been looking at them for 2 years now and the gas situation has just pushed me to buy one. IT is my fantasy car.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Keep in mind the cost of insuring a car when deciding whether or not to keep a spare around.

·
Registered
420 Posts
First, I congratulate you on your incredibly brilliant choice of color and option package! :D Second, assuming the cost of insuring a car you're rarely driving isn't prohibitive, I'd suggest keeping both "second" cars for at least a few months, just to see which one you really use.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
From a purely economic view, assumming you bought the Voyager new in 1998, it is just at the point where you are earning back on your investment in it.

ie, you have endured its entire depreciation (6+ yr old cars are worth little) but with only 64K miles you have barely used half its life. Get 6 more years out of it for "free" plus the maintenance in excess of a new car in its place.

I'd advise- keep it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts