Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2004 Prius. I really love it. I am getting flashed Constantly however. The lights do not look that bright to me but they do seem to be aimed a bit high up. How do I adjust this? I don't know what type of lights they are but, I assume they are the basic halogens as this was a fleet/rental car. I also have a lot of noise from the front of the car especially when going around a right curve at 40 - 70mph. This isn't normal is it? I replaced the tires that were on it with Yokohamas because the originals were terribly worn. At first with the new tires my mpg went down from 51 to 48 but, now I am up to 54 after 300+ miles on the new tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying, unfortunately, I did not get an owners manual with the used car. I need to order one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Michelle - would you mind posting text of the aiming instructions - I've got a 2005 with mis-aimed headlights and the 2005 manual doesn't have the Checking the Headlight Aim section.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Before checking the headlight aim:
1. Be sure that the body around the headlight
is not deformed.
2. Park the vehicle on a level spot.
3. Get into the driver’s seat and put the
vehicle in a state ready for driving
(with a full tank).
4. Bounce the vehicle several times.
5. Remove the lid on the radiator support
cover.

ADJUSTING THE VERTICAL AIMING
Turn the bolt in either direction using a
Phillips–head screwdriver.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Owner's Manual Size

mrv said:
page 302 of the 2004 Prius owner's manual....
Michelle, how many pages total does the 2004 Owner's Manual contain?

·
Registered
13 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Well, the last page is labeled 318, but Adobe shows 328. Ah yes, the forwards are about 10 pages.
Thank you for that information, Dan. :D

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Re: Owner's Manual Size

michaelmcgaw said:
mrv said:
page 302 of the 2004 Prius owner's manual....
Michelle, how many pages total does the 2004 Owner's Manual contain?
The last labeled page in the .pdf version of the manual I have is page 318 for the US 2004 manual.

The last labeled page in the physical manual (Publication No. OM47451U) is page 324. (pages 319-324 is the index.)

·
Registered
13 Posts

mrv said:
The last labeled page in the .pdf version of the manual I have is page 318 for the US 2004 manual.
Interesting, indeed!

Where'd you find the .pdf version of the manual? I've been looking for such myself, but haven't found one yet. It'd be nice to have something to read before my 2005 is delivered around the end of June.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

michaelmcgaw said:
mrv said:
Interesting, indeed!

Where'd you find the .pdf version of the manual? I've been looking for such myself, but haven't found one yet. It'd be nice to have something to read before my 2005 is delivered around the end of June.
I originally got it off of a regional Yahoo Prius group (I don't recall if it's still there), but it originally came from a day subscription to http://techinfo.toyota.com/ . $10 for a one day subscription if you live in the US and have a high speed internet connection, IE, and the time to get all the little files... $15 if you order the paper version from your Toyota dealer's parts department.

(It'd be nice if Toyota gave 2004+ Prius waiting owners a manual like they did for 2001-2002 internet ordered Prius...)

·
Registered
13 Posts

mrv said:
$10 for a one day subscription if you live in the US and have a high speed internet connection, IE, and the time to get all the little files...
Thanks for the pointer, Michelle. This is what i did, the one day subscription. I downloaded the Owner's Manual and some other files as well. It went quite well, though they are NOT kidding about IE being required.

The selectors wouldn't work in Safari or Firefox. Thank goodness for Virtual PC!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts