Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to add a number of POIs to the GPS-system in the Prius and according to Toyota in Sweden POIs can only be entered manually one at a time (e.g. RTFM was their reply :?) .
The thing is that I’d like to add my top 150 customers to the system, and if it turns out to be successful I’m sure of that my co-workers would like to have the same done for them.

Has anyone heard of a way to bulk insert POIs to the Prius GPS using a cable or BT (or even hacking the DVD :twisted: )?
Any help and thoughts appreciated.

.::Magnus

Happy owner of a silver Prius -05.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Are user-entered POIs really "POIs"?

Built-in POIs are searchable by name and category, for example. I didn't think there was any way to enter this information by a user.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe PIO is the wrong word then; compare it with the “favourites” that you can add by hand, like “Office”, “Home”, “Mistress” and whatever.
A colleague came up with the idea of adding police speeding cameras (a.k.a. Safety Cameras) as POIs/favourites to the system rather than boring stuff like addresses to customers.
I noticed that TomTom offers a Safety Camera Subscription as a PLUS Service to their products at http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=8

.::Magnus
Happy owner of a silver Prius -05.

·
Registered
59 Posts
KTPhil said:

Built-in POIs are searchable by name and category, for example. I didn't think there was any way to enter this information by a user.
Some systems allow you to enter your own POI categories and names, addresses, etc. I have a Tomtom unit that does so. I have a Brewpub category and have entered locations for many places I travel. Unfortunately this is not a feature that is currently available on the Toyota Nav system.

·
Registered
80 Posts
KTPhil said:

User entered are waypoints and POI's are built into the GPS. However, many people and manufacturers are interchanging the terms. They can be the same things such as a GPS with built in restaurants doesn't include your favorite restaurant so you add a waypoint. But then if data is lost POI's will still be there but your waypoints will be gone. Waypoints are also many points along a given destination and may have no specific useful destination for future use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
POIs, waypoints or favorites; I take it the answer is still no, there is no way to bulk insert a number of the to them to the Prius GPS system?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.