Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought prius 2005 with option4. I now feel that I should have taken the one with GPS navigation. Is it possible to add the option 7 stuff into the option 4 car that I already own? I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Some but not all. The electrochromatic auto-dimming mirror w/Homelink, theft-deterrent system and CD Changer can be added as accessories. As for the others, you'll have to look at aftermarket parts (e.g. Garmin for the GPS)

·
Registered
115 Posts
You made the right choice. The GPS Nav is a piece of crap. My 2-yr old and a crayon map is more useful. I used to have a Garmin Quest Handheld GPS unit but gave it to my sister when I got the car thinking the car GPS would be sufficient. It is not as versitile as the handheld nor as accurate. At least the garmin i could enter in store names in the search, came up with routes faster and better, more up to date maps, you can load the areas you need ( I had all the maps bewteen california and texas).

I am an XM radio guy so do not even use my CD player. I have the MyFi installed so at night I can use the unit in the house also, or at work.

The homelink mirror is probably the only thing (well besides the alarms and air bags) that the package money was well spent. The auto dimming works great. I wish it was also on the side mirrors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts