Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on PriusChat a master Prius Tech posted that is was apparently possible to activate the RS3200 on any 2004 or later Prius using the scantool. I had queried a dealer here in Tucson; they wanted $369 (this would include the glass breakage sensor, which is not really needed). Too much $$.

So I'm posting in the hopes that someone might have found a "rain dance" that will activate it. By "rain dance," I mean a sequence of operations the user can perform to customize the ECU, much like the actions that turn of the reverse beeping.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Sorry, no raindance specifically to activate RS3200. You'll have to befriend a dealer or just the Prius tech, then offer him a night of beer for his troubles.

It might be possible to run the Passive dance, that might force DOR on, but I doubt it.
Try http://priuschat.com/forums/download.php?id=1104

I believe they are supposed to sell the package, even though the car actually has the hardware. I suppose they feel you need to license the privilege. Many computer network devices are coming that way. The HW is equipped with all features, but you purchase a license and keycode to activate them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DanMan,

I just wanted to open this to a wider audience, figuring it can't hurt.

BTW, I tried the raindance for the passive mode. It, as you supposed, doesn't work. In fact, the car won't even perform the appropriate acknowlegments.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Just to be sure you aren't doing it wrong, be sure you are inserting and removing the fob rapidly for the 3 insertions. You have to do it within 5 seconds, so it's boom, boom, boom. First time I did it, I was way too slow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is possible that I mistimed it, but I did try to do the "key shuffle" fast. And I must have tried it a half-dozen times, but to no avail. The car never responded at the appropriate stage.

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick update. I got the instructions for the RS3200 from Fujitsu Ten (makers of the rs3200) -- no rain dance, but it does describe the exact method of turing on the alarm with the scantool. For those that might be thinking of heading off to a dealer to get them activate the alarm, this might add a bit of credibility.

To get a copy, call their FAX BACK service (310) 327 9905 and request item 10056.

Thanks,
Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts