Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to figure out where the ACC mode is on our 2004 Pruis. Do you just have it in park? This does not sould right to me as the air or heater will turn on, unlike other cars where you can just listen to music or the radio.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
For the 2005 and 2006 Prius (and probably the 2004), for ACC mode, when the car is off, press the Power button once (do not depress the brake pedal). Press the Power button only again for IG-ON (ignition on-heater, air), and a third time for off again.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yup, it's the same for 2004s.

With foot OFF brake, pressing power once enters ACC mode, a second time enters IG-ON (same basic idea as turning a gas car to 'full on', but without turning it to run the starter motor,) a third time to power back off.

With foot ON brake, it's press once for full 'start', a second press to turn off.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If only there were a way to go down in mode without going through OFF. I'd love to go from READY to ACC when I parked after a trip and want to continue listening to a radio program uninterrupted without having to have everything running.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dan, I agree.

But then again, as long as I'm not running the air conditioner or heater too hard, watching a bunch of zero MPG's scroll up every five minutes (not affecting average MPG) isn't so bad..... I'm sure a little more juice is being drawn off the battery, but probably negligable, unless you listen to that radio for a long time. :D

Cheers!
-Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.