Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not proud of it, but at mile 1777 I backed into another car. :oops:
It was, no less embarrassing, a big frigging truck that didn't even seem to notice. (NOT A SCRATCH, GGGGRRRR!) :evil:

So now that I've managed to stop crying and promising my car I'll never, ever hurt her again, I need to find a new tail light. I would prefer to by the part and install myself. I've done some searching, and can't seem to find any 2007 parts other than add-ons and accessories.

Anyone have a link lying around that could be of help?

Thanks a bundle,
k

PS Yes, before anyone asks, I will be reteaching myself how to judge distance through a fish-eye lens...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. You can always go to the parts department of any Toyota dealer and get the part you need. I don't think you will be able to find it for less otherwise, unless you get one from a salvage vehicle.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi, Dan,

I think firepro meant that the '04/'05 were the same (interchangable with each other), and that he thought the '06/'07 were the same as each other [but not sure if the '06 was interchangable with the '07 (which the original poster is look'g for)]. Since he did separate them, I think he knows the '04/'05 lights are different from the '06/'07 lights. Just my take on it.

But, Dan, you did good to warn the OP when look'g for a replacement to get one with the clear lens all the way to the top.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts