Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow. I never knew Prius people were so bitter.

Yesterday I filled up with premium and left my Durango idling for 8 hours for no reason other than to piss off Mark Prius on the internet.

Then I ...

Personally I think its about time we had a tax like this. Glad someone on Capitol Hill grew some balls!

Their posts are marred with jealousy and hate.

Look deep inside your soul. Then ask yourself if he's right and if you;ve helped ccontribute to the fall of the American economy and companies like GM.

Perhaps he had a point.

well.. apparently it must online be prius owners in this forum who think it's assinine .. all the people I have discussed this with totally agree and laugh at all of the people here who are trying to avoid answering because they know they must admit they are wrong.

logic is a wonderful thing...

so let's keep quoting laws and blah blah blahing and avoid the actual point I made cuz heaves knows you may have to admit you're wrong

etc. ad nauseum...
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

"Everything that guy just said is bullsh*t."

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: Hi Vinny...

There are several PriusOnline members whose posts need to be ignored. It appears they get their "kicks" from stimulating controversy. Possibly a frustrated kid (actually and/or mentally).

These members should not be termed "Prius people." Most PriusOnline members are helpful Prius owners who respond with courtesy.

G

·
Actually... probably a closet case gay man who has PRIUS ENVY. I am surprised the host allows this putz to continue posting.

·
Registered
619 Posts
iggy1iggy said:
I suggest we petition the admin to initiate an ignore feature on the forum
http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=6613
excellent idea. wouldnt it be great if you were in a place where everyone agreed with you 100% of the time and you were never challenged on anything? It would be great cuz you would never have to think about anything.

Do you honestly believe that any of my opinions will change when I get my Hybrid?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
fish_antlers said:
iggy1iggy said:
excellent idea. wouldnt it be great if you were in a place where everyone agreed with you 100% of the time and you were never challenged on anything? It would be great cuz you would never have to think about anything.

Do you honestly believe that any of my opinions will change when I get my Hybrid?
It's not a matter of "being challenged." Disagreements are part of life. Disagreements I can handle.

You're just plain mean.

G

·
This guy who spends half his life on a hybrid board has more mental problems than I thought. He is seriously in denial and has heavy hybrid envy. Why else would the idiot spend half his life here?? He craves attention and he only wishes he could afford the gas for a hybrid. Thing is... I didn't know they had internet access in psych wards.

·
Registered
619 Posts
mark,

my intention has always been (and is publicly stated repeatedly in this forum) to purchase a hybrid and add it to my collection of vehicles.

Apparently your blind hatred of anything challenging your views enables you to somehow overlook that key point.

The few meagre posts I have made here hardly consist of half a "lifetime" as you suggest.

Thanks for calling me an idiot. Hopefully it makes you feel better calling someone an idiot on the internet.

Bet you wouldnt talk like that to my face :roll:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey fish, I was just kidding about the Harley thing, I thought if you rode a zx you would be offended, it wasn't very nice and I apologize.

·
Registered
219 Posts
iggy1iggy said:
That'd be a good thing in general, particularly if it also worked on the RSS feed (which is very unlikely). But it's only a small part of a solution. Trolls aren't in it to make everyone see what they say. They only need to bait enough people with spurious logic that begs for refutation, to disrupt the conversation. The art of trolling is at least decades old, and kill filters have never been enough to stop it. There's only two things that do. First, the admins of a forum asking themselves the question, "what is the purpose of this forum?" and finding the trolls have no place in the answer; and second, if everyone understands the troll mentality and keeps new arrivals educated about it, so the troll doesn't get the attention and disruption it wants, and leaves.

But an ignore feature is a valuable thing in general, even if not for this particular problem. It's a nice means of counter censorship, for one. It's a lot easier to let A post something that other people might not like, if you can just tell them to ignore A. Everyone gets to see the forum they want without anyone having to give up their ability to post to the forum they want. Okay, that's a little rose-colored, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
181 Posts
fish_antlers said:
iggy1iggy said:

It is not that you disagree it is the mean spirited way in which you disagree. When I first saw your posts I tried to respond politely and honestly but all I have read since has been biting and base. So to be quite honest I would just rather not read your posts because I find that they have no substance or merit, it appears you are only trying to pick fights. If you want to get a point across you shouldn't berate those you are trying to address you should state your opinion and back it up with facts, not rhetoric.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'm not sure why anyone would dedicate a post to fish antlers....this is giving in to his egotism......he clearly gets off by getting prius members riled....i see no reason why he even has to even be a part of this forum as he really doesnt contriubute any valuable information. everything he does it to belittle this forum and its members. if i had nothing in common- i would just look for something more important to my needs....so why not just ignore everything he says.....& if he does change/or start another profile....he can easily be foiled by his comments. i dont know what his problem is.... i thought this was a place to find answers and learn about the prius... and what i have seen from him -is his only purpose is to "play". perhaps someone can find him a "monster suv" forum. i'm sure he would be more comfortable there. :roll:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually find it quite entertaining. Everytime I see a thread with 20ish posts and fish antlers involved I pop some corn and pull up my easy chair.
much better than watching Simpsons reruns.

·
Registered
619 Posts
s3nfo said:
I actually find it quite entertaining. Everytime I see a thread with 20ish posts and fish antlers involved I pop some corn and pull up my easy chair.
Thanks!

and to Cocoatreat...

WHY would "someone" dedicate an entire thread to me? Because that "someone" doesnt have the balls to post as themselves so they created a new account to start this topic.

But hey.. who pays attention to stuff like that, right? :roll:

I still love all the people shouting "troll" ... Do you seriously think I'm a troll, that I have no intention of buying a hybrid and I just made up this name to visit this site?

you all crack me up. You flatter yourselves if you think that's what's going on. "Prius people" arent THAT cool to demand that much input and attention.

·
Registered
171 Posts
fish_antlers said:
Yes, unless you are everything these others say about you and you are NOT what you claim about yourself. The Prius has a way of changing people. Haven't you ead Rmarchena and his theories on how Prius ownership is practically a religion? I am a born again Prius owner- HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
269 Posts
s3nfo said:
Yeah....."Robert the Fish_Lips" can be entertaining over a Blantons high-ball, however, I can understand Prii peeps not seeing the humor in all this. As long as he stays off the Porche site I frequent!

·
Registered
202 Posts
fish_antlers' behavior and language may be a bit questionable sometimes, but I don't see why there has to be an attempt to shut him out of the forum. Remember, given enough time to sit at a typewriter he could write every Shakespeare play, and maybe even some sonnets too.

I don't understand either why fish_antlers is upset that somebody started a separate thread about him. Maybe it is because he then has to try to justify his posts? But I would think twice about disrespecting a person with the last name of Gambini. That is a name that demands respect.

To attempt to answer one of fish_antlers questions, yes, I do think your opinion would change when you get a hybrid.

It is very impressive what Toyota has done, combining the strengths of a gasoline engine with the strengths of an electric motor. I thought they were a joke, until I took a test drive. And the longer I own and drive one, the more impressive the Prius is.

Toyota gambled in investing research into their Synergy technology. Others laughed, until Toyota proved to them that there is a demand for this type of car. Just for that Toyota deserves respect. Toyota also designed the car for incredible efficiency, the cd is incredibly low, one more reason to be impressed.

Yes, there are some minor shortcomings with the car. The gas guage has been extensively discussed. There are some other issues and glitches, but nothing dramatic, and certainly nothing like GM's diesel fiasco a couple of decades ago. Some want heated seats, some want leather, some oppose leather, but it is up to everyone if that is enough to disqualify owning the car for them. Maybe fish_antlers is over 7 feet tall, in that case it probably would be a bad idea to buy a Prius for him. But I'm not over 7 feet tall, so I'm happy enough with how Toyota designed the interior.

And Prius owners are a great group to be associated with.

·
Registered
219 Posts
fish_antlers said:
I still love all the people shouting "troll" ... Do you seriously think I'm a troll, that I have no intention of buying a hybrid and I just made up this name to visit this site?

you all crack me up. You flatter yourselves if you think that's what's going on. "Prius people" arent THAT cool to demand that much input and attention.
Yes. You act exactly like trolls have acted for decades. In every way, to the letter. You're a definitive troll. It's not even a question. The only question is for people who aren't familiar with the phenomenon.

It has nothing to do with how "cool" people are. There isn't any subject that isn't "cool" enough for trolling. All that is required is a group of people who have emotions that can be manipulated and who might take the bait. It's not about us, it's about you. We could be bird-fanciers or chemistry students or kinky sex aficionados or gourmet chefs or ballroom dancers, and trolling would work exactly the same.

And all that's required is for people to read up on the phenomenon and realize this isn't unique, it's not even common, it's downright tawdry. People were laughing off better trolls than you twenty years ago. The only reason trolls aren't extinct is exactly the same reason Nigerian bank scams aren't extinct -- there's always a new batch of suckers who haven't heard yet.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts