Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have my Prius by midSeptember, and have been following this and other bulletin boards since Feb. I am concerned about all the warning lights people mention. Some have them come on before a "limp home" incident. Other have them randomly because of "breakin period." Still others have them because of water, CPU issues, etc. At times they go away after a shutdown or three and warrant no further concern. At other times they herald a tow to the dealer.

Could somebody make a quick list of the lights and what they mean for those of us without cars and manuals? I am especially interested in how to check what the dealer says about them when I finally take delivery.

Simply stated, how does reality compare to the Toyota corporate line when it comes to heeding red lights?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still no help.. hmmm.

I wish John's site allowed downloads for non-Microsoft product users.

·
Registered
26 Posts
non-Microsoft?

Saruman said:
Still no help.. hmmm.

I wish John's site allowed downloads for non-Microsoft product users.
I'm using a Mac OS X computer w/a Mozilla-based browser, without any problems. What are you having trouble doing?

For those with a scanner nearby, these are the pages needed:
Basic overview - pages 5, 6
Detailed overview + descriptions - pages 116-127
Please note, page 116 is needed because it contains the low temp indicator light (snowflake on road)
Paul

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: non-Microsoft?

lensovet said:
I'm using a Mac OS X computer w/a Mozilla-based browser, without any problems.
Same here; well, I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.5 (build 7M34) and Safari 1.2.3 (v125.9) anyway, if that helps.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also using Safari and OSX10.3.5.

I am trying to download the pdf users guide and get a javascript window asking me to right click. Since my mouse is one-button... what do i do?

Would appreciate any help.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Downloading on a one-button mouse

Control-click - it should bring up a list of options, including one to save the file to your computer (download linked file as...).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm so stupid sometimes... was hitting apple-click... it works fine
Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Saruman said:
I'm so stupid sometimes... was hitting apple-click... it works fine
Thanks
Or you could get a (whisper it) a two button mouse. I know this is heresy and I am in therapy, but maybe a 2 button mouse is permissible, under some situations, if you keep you one button mouse. Got my 1st Mac February 29th 1984. It was as bad as waiting for a Prius.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Saruman said:
Since my mouse is one-button...
Kensington has "cheap" 3-button scrolling mice; picked one up myself for about $15 recently. Works with Mac OS X, even if you don't install their driver software. On that one, right-click is mapped to control-click. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Believe it or not... this is the first time I have tripped up because of a one button/two button issue.

Have had Macs since the first one (1982) and now have a G4 dual processor and 22 inch flat monitor.

Lusting after the new G5's, but first a Prius!

Microsoft free since 2003!

·
Registered
381 Posts
G5 dual 2GHz (my 8th; Mac SE was 1st) and Apple 23" (the new one) here. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts