Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought mine in November 2001 (a 2001 sliver/gold Prius) and live 42 miles from work...so you can imagine how many miles I have right now. Then again, why imagine...I just passed 27,000 miles on its 1st birthday. Needless to say, since I knew I'd be putting so many miles on it I did the extended warranty deal.

I've been noticing lately more and more of them on the road...I think my count around DC is up to 6...with half of them up here in Montgomery Co. MD. Most are silver/gold...but one is blue. The blue one I saw is sweet. If my previous car hadn't been dying, I'd probably have ordered a blue one.

As for mileage, I'm usually hovering at 45 mpg...with better values going to work since it's essentially all downhill to the SE suburbs of DC. The highest mileage I ever noted on a tank was 59.6 mpg after 100 miles driven early this year.

I decided to take it on a big trip, and the hybrid alarm came on back in May. The dealer in Jacksonville was confused...said it usually comes on when the car isn't being driven much and I had just completed 700 miles in the past 36 hours. Anyelse have this happen to them?

All in all I'm happy with the car, and save $40 in gas per month...so even without the tax break, I would have break even in 8 years. With it, I'll probably see savings around 4 years.

Just saying hi,

DR

·
Registered
14 Posts
thegreatdr, I was kinda in your neighborhood this weekend.

Took a trip from Boston to West Virginia (1200 miles) . Was passed by a prius on the way down, the wife of one of guys I was meeting has a prius in the DC area, and then passed a prius on the way back to boston.

As for mileage, ~45 down, >48 on the trip home. I swear the gas blend is different south of the mason dixie line.

I started saving money at mile zero, the car I was looking at cost the same amount. So the hybrid system has payed for itself.

Kevin
'02 moon blue pearl 19K mile

1 - 2 of 2 Posts