Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:xI just got back from Ira Toyota, Danvers, MA

I had ordered a silver #9 in December 03. Since we have bought five cars from Ira in the past, the sales manager said he would knock off $500 from the list price.

They called us today and said the car was in. Went went to see the car, and even held the key. They said there were extra charges (the $300 price increase which is covered by the rebate, and a Z package ($176)---no problem.

Then they show me the purchase agreement, and my $500 discount is gone. I showed them the signed sales contract, but the salesman explained that they had 75 people waiting for the car and they don't give discounts. Then there was some double talk and lying which made matters worse. So tomorrow someone else will be enjoying my Prius that I have waited seven months to get at an agreed upon price.

Good bye Prius and good riddance Ira. They are a class act. I will be writing to Toyota. I am sure they will really care.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, I applaud you for sticking to your guns but if I was waiting since December I don't know if I would have let $500 stop me from getting the car.

Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hartpi said:
:xI just got back from Ira Toyota, Danvers, MA

Then they show me the purchase agreement, and my $500 discount is gone. I showed them the signed sales contract, but the salesman explained that they had 75 people waiting for the car and they don't give discounts. Then there was some double talk and lying which made matters worse. So tomorrow someone else will be enjoying my Prius that I have waited seven months to get at an agreed upon price.
If you do indeed have a signed sales contract and they modified it, this is called fraud. If you have a contract and they refused to honor it, this is called breach. You should immediately contact your local BBB and file copies of this information with your state attorney general's office. Next, I would consult an attorney. A signed sales contract that has been modified without your approval would subject them to several actions, civil and criminal. This is a case where you should seek legal action against the dealer, as well as notifiy Toyota USA that your dealer has refused to honor a legally binding sales contract.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D Thanks for the feedback.

This morning I sent an email to the dealer headquarters follwed by a telephone call. Toyota was my next stop.

They called back and apologized for the treatment. I dealt with some nice people at Ira, the kind I have been used to in the past.

So the bottom line is that tomorrow I get the silver Prius---at the originally agreed price. Yes it was very tough to walk away---but I guess it paid off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wow! congrats

That's really awesome. I don't think I'm alone when I say I'm not sure I would have been able to show that kind of courage having waited as long as you did.

DurhamNC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts