Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here we go again,

Finally remembered to call Toy of M about the 60C recall.

melgish: I need to see about the recall on my 2004 Prius
service dept: When do you want to bring it in?
melgish: Do you have the necessary parts in stock?
service dept: Yes we do.
melgish: How about tomorrow?
service dept: Is 9:30 good
melgish: fine.
service dept: Ok, see you then.

I go home to find a message on my answering machine:

Mr. Melgish, this is Toy of M, calling regarding your appointment tomorrow. We don't have the parts for the recall work in stock. We've ordered it, and will call you back when it comes in to set up an appointment.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Well, maybe the person you spoke with thought they had some in stock, but later realized they were out.

At least they called you ahead of time rather than waiting until you got there, or worse, take the car in, have you wait until they actually begin to work on your car and THEN realize they don't have the part.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hyperion said:
And most important of all, "Have you received your letter yet?"
Yep, it's been on my desk for about 2 weeks now.

Dan, you're right, calling back was better than letting me take it in...But I did take the trouble to ask up front...if there was any doubt, the rep should have checked.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Perhaps at the time he didn't have doubt, but someone else may have clued him in. Or he may have forgotten as he was speaking to you, but remembered as you left. It happens to me now and again. I don't have a technical solution for a client, but when I hang up, I think of something and if I can, I call them back.

Sometimes I do my best thinking when I am not thinking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had made an appointment as soon as I received the recall. The service people called the day before to confirm my appointment. When I went in the next day, the counterman said " You are going to be upset. I think we are out of the part. Let me check." When he got off the phone he informed me they had set one aside for my car and I was out of there in only 55 minutes. Good old Denbigh Toyota in Newport News. DOD

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm having my work done tomorrow and they'd better not be out of the part. My dealer is an hour away and my appointment is for 7:00 AM because I've got a busy day tomorrow.

·
Registered
126 Posts
DanMan32 said:
Well, maybe the person you spoke with thought they had some in stock, but later realized they were out.
Ah, Dan, you're like my wife, who sees:

Sermons in stones,
Books in the running brooks, and
Good in everything!
-- As You Like It (Uncle Bill)

Wish I did.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I often see the other side of things. Sometimes the better, sometimes not.

You may say it is white, I might say it's a bit on the black side.
Then you may agree, that is is kinda black. I may change and say well it is kind of whitish.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dealer told me that there are actually two different parts, depending on which "style" you have. He couldn't tell me based on model/year or even vin number if they had the correct part in stock (they had lots of one and none of the other). I had my recall service performed yesterday and it went fine . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.