Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prius comes std with a single disc cd player. My Prius had a 6 disc changer added at the port (Jacksonville)

Question is: With all 6 slots full can I still put a 7th cd in the single slot and play it or will this cause a jam.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
oldfox said:
Prius comes std with a single disc cd player. My Prius had a 6 disc changer added at the port (Jacksonville)

Question is: With all 6 slots full can I still put a 7th cd in the single slot and play it or will this cause a jam.
Oldfox,
I don't have that setup, but it shouldn't cause any 'jam'--the 6-disk changer and the single slot are not connected except by wires. I suspect you access them seperately via the 'mode' button (i.e. CD changer and CD player or similar identifiers) and should be able to play either and have each loaded to the max.
--evan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evan: Thanks for the info.

Guess I'm thinking that I really only have one "Player" and if one of the 6 cds stays on the "Play table" and I try to play the single it will jam.

Will probably take it to the dealer and ask them the question.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evan: You must really live on the edge! I usually respect and tend to follow your advice but Yikes!! not this time. Yeahhhh I'm way too cautious.

I went to the dealer and he said he knew for sure that it would jam. So...I still haven't tried it. I really don't want to jam things up. Maybe someday somebody will have the definitive answer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: OK Evan, I finally did it. just went ahead and inserted a cd in the single slot and yes it worked just fine. Another case of Toyota engineering which will not allow a foolish error.

Thanks for your help with this. Apparently, I am the only person in the nation with both a standard and 6 in dash system. Neat!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts