Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with this cd changer? I read a post somewhere that it does not have a tuner knob. Can this be true? Also, since it is retrofitted, how does it blend with the dash? Other thoughts?

This is not the one that comes with the pkg. It is port added accesssory.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Haven't actually seen it and can't say for certain about the tuner knob, but will offer the following.

The 6-disc port option is added to the existing radio stack in the empty lower slot (thus you actually have 7 cds available). You don't/shouldn't need a 'tuner knob' b/c that will already be present on the stock radio stack AND there's no need for one anyway--I do all my tuning/stereo adjustment through the steering wheel controls or the monitor control. I think I've popped out the knobs maybe twice since I got the car. For the most part they just sit there unused and flush with the face of the stack.
--evan

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evan - Thanks for the info. Can't wait to actually get this car. Was told it had the self dimming mirror with homelink. Hope it also has a compass. Not sure why the homelink will be an improvement over my garage door opener.

Has anybody used homelink yet?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
homelink/electrochromatic mirror

oldfox said:
Evan - Thanks for the info. Can't wait to actually get this car. Was told it had the self dimming mirror with homelink. Hope it also has a compass. Not sure why the homelink will be an improvement over my garage door opener.

Has anybody used homelink yet?
haven't tried the homelink yet, I
don't have a garage...

my husband's BC (#9) 2004 has the
electrochromatic mirror with homelink.
It does not have a compass.

Should you have the Navigation system
equipped, you can put it on compass mode.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The homelink is nice b/c you don't have to worry about fumbling around with a remote or where to clip it or anything like that. Also, there are 3 seperate programable buttons on the homelink mirror that can be used for multiple garage door openers (your home, your girlfriend's home, your other girlfriend's home.....) or you can program certain home remote controlled functions like doorlocks, lights, etc.

The previous poster is correct, the homelink mirror with the BC package does NOT have the compass or temp reading on the mirror, though homelink does make a mirror with those built in.
--evan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts