Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
383 Posts
For what it's worth, I compared MFD mileage against manual calculations for every other tankful between November and April. The difference was less than 1 MPG each time (sometimes plus, sometimes minus), so I stopped checking on a regular basis.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

· Registered
383 Posts
BIF said:
This post was started as a "Wow, I got great mileage!", and it turned into a discussion about gas pump inaccuracies. How did that happen?
I'm just guessing here, but it may have something to do with your earlier post declaring:
No, no. You must calculate your gas mileage mathematically. If you're recording your MFD figures into greenhybrid's database, you are NOT using the most accurate figures possible.
My earlier comments were never meant to dissuade anyone from doing manual calculations, or to ridicule those who do. I agree that we should all celebrate high mileage. After checking my own MFD against manual calculations, I've concluded that the MPG figures provided by my vehicle are sufficiently accurate for my own small celebrations.

Drive happy,
Moo :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.