Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Use caution overfilling that bladder! It will expand. Others have reported pulling out the gas pump nozzle only to get fuel spewing forth all over the place. Very un-fun.

Now, just to add the jealousy factor, I will report that I always stop pumping on the first click. And, here in Houston, where the temperature is nice and warm most of the time, I regularly get more than 500 miles to a tank. I will have to actually look at this fill up ('cause I am having a good tank) and see how far I get.

· Registered
25 Posts
Well, unfortunately, I had to do some poor driving at the end of my tank and only wound up at 498. <sigh> Figures.

I keep my tires at 47.5. I think it works very well. The ride is slightly stiffer, but I prefer that feel in the suspension. Tire wear is much better and the gas mileage is very nice. No significant change in breaking/wet weather handling.

I have tried them at several different pressures. Much more than 47 doesn't seem to affect mileage that much for me. But the difference between even 42 and 47 is notable.

You do have to be careful, because if your dealer is like mine, when you bring the car in for the complimentary service and they rotate the tires, despite all instruction, they will put them back to 35...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.