Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Ok I did it finally!! I went 513 miles in one tank of gas! I have been trying to do this every since I purchased my '01 Prius last November.

I purchased my wonderful car used over Ebay, got a great dead but I had to drive it back from CO to OH, oh no big deal, I guess the only way to get use to the car. :lol:

I broke the 500 mile barrier during the month of March in Ohio, when it was hovering about 60 to 75 degrees for about 2 weeks. Those comfortable temps really do make a difference to the batteries.

When I filled the tank I pumped in about 11.3 gallons and manually estimated the mileage to be about 45.4, the computer estimated the mileage to be 51.6, which is not to comforting to see that big of a descrepency.

Most of my driving is done in the city-secondary roads, sub 45 MPH, One time before taking a highway trip, after only about 155.1 miles I filled up my tank, the computer said I was getting 57.2 MPG and I manually computed the mileage to be 59.5, I added a wopping 2.605 gallons. That amount was after the 3rd or 4th click of the gas pump saying the tank was full, so I squezed in a little more.WOOHOO! That made my day.

I hope other people are having good results as I am with my prius.

Regards,

Jason- Dayton, OH -- '01 Silver Prius

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok Thanks!

I tend to notice the most acurate mileage is on the first click of the gas pump shutting off, usually at that amount is the closest to the computer estimatd compared to how much you can physically get into the tank. But we know that the prius has a bladder in the tank that affects the amount of fuel that goes into it. So this can throw the whole thing off.

Im going to try again, now since it is warmer I should be able to easily break that mileage on 1 tank. :)

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
560 miles on tank

Ok, I did it again, I broke the 500 mile barrier. I went 560 miles on a tank of gas! When I filled it was just under 10 gallons, the weather got colder here in OH, so I was not able to get the full tank on warm weather.

If the weather holds out I will be attempting to break the 600 miles.

:D Dont try this at home kids! :D

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Broke 600 miles in tank...

Hello everyone,
I did it, like I said I would attempt, I attand 615 miles in a tank of gas!! :D

The first click of the gas tank was about 10.3 gallons and then I was able to squeeze in another gallon, so I roughly got about 58 MPG!! :p
I love this car!

This is the farthest I will go on the tank before I need to fill up. I drive only city and do not use the A/C, well this will be the first summer that I have had the car so I do not know what will happen, will try to not break down and use it... :?

The 2004 Prius should be able to definately go further on a tank of gas.. That will be interesting to see how far 1 can go in it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Of course, that is what Toyota says to put in, the engine is design for 87 octane only. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.