Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's all about getting your battery pack "sealed", so that it dosn't leak a caustic base solution..

Your local friendly Toyota Dealership should be happy to squeeze you into their busy service schedule.

·
Registered
582 Posts
40G

WayneBruce, or others with a 2001 to mid-2003 Prius:

If you have not had this done, I suggest you do so. Having the potassium hydroxide solution out of the battery cells and inside the battery case is not good, but the point is to avoid having your battery pack's internal resistance increase. That would reduce performance, mpg, and eventually trigger a DTC.

Contact your Toyota servicer first, to insure that they have the required parts on hand.

DAS

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Yes, Mr. Silverman posted on the toyota-prius yahoogroup asking for advice on how to handle what he considers to be poor service after his vehicle caught on fire in the dealer's lot while waiting for servicing. Since he could not continue forward, it was suggested to get a consumer reporter working for him to get things settled.

The SSC 40G hybrid battery resealing is for nearly all 2001-2003 Prius, and also the Estima hybrid. It's about a 4 hour service, and probably should have been done by now. (I know I took a while before I brought mine in, and it was sometime last winter that I had it done...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts