Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, the family and I went down to our local Lexus (not Lexas) dealer to check out the 400h once again. A preliminary count had 14 of them sitting right in front (who knows how many out back). Yes, I'm talikng about 400h's - no 330's mixed in the herd.

Each one was adorned with a lovely "$2500 off" sticker. Something tells me that they're having a little trouble moving these bad boys. $2500 off right off the bat means something closer to $6000 for those of us willing to press the issue.

I'd have bought one except for the one glaring omission on their spec sheet:

No Smart Key!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah, I have a feeling Lexus' decision to start with the 'fully loaded' 330, then add Hybrid was a bad move. I think they were counting on people who are willing to buy a Lexus, and want a hybrid, to be willing to pay any price for it.

If you happened to WANT a fully-loaded model, fine. But the effective $15,000 price difference between a low-end 330 and a 400h is a bit off putting.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Ditto. I've seen a sudden influx of a few on the road. But when I went to the lot, there were 4. 4 is a lot for one dealership in Canada haha. The $2,000 rebate must help but the base 400h is only a few grand under a loaded RX330 with nav, RSEA and backup camera.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think they should promote it as a performance feature with gas savings benefit on the side.

Get near the performance of a 8 cy, with mileage slightly better than the 6!

Spike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.