Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know that a common criticism of past Prius model years has been relatively uncomfortable front seats with only two adjustments for the driver: 1) slide the whole seat forward/backward on tracks and 2) tilt the backrest forward/backward. Does anyone know if the 2006 will have more adjustment options, at least for the driver's seat? I note that on the Toyota website under Prius specifications it says "4-way adjustable front seats". Anyone know what the 4-way is referring to? Would it be the same as what the 2005 had? Guess we'll all know as soon as someone takes delivery of or sits in a 2006 and then reports it here. By the way, I checked out a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid, which has the standard adjustments plus a nice height adjustment. Hoping Prius matches that!

·
Registered
101 Posts
4 ways? Here's my guess:
- the seat moves forward and back--2 ways!
- the seatback rotates forward and back--2 more ways!

A total of 4 ways. Welcome to the world of marketing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sat in a 2006 Prius and I now have the answer!

The 4-way adjustable seats are: 1) slide forward on track, 2) slide backward on track, 3) tilt backrest forward, and 4) tilt backrest backward.

So there you have it. No height adjustment, no lumbar adjustment.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I will admit that the seats are unimpressive in terms of adjustability, however I find them supportive and quite comfortable. I would have been happier if leather had been available in 04/05. However I'm not that impressed with the availability of it on 06; only on the top of the line vehicle. Not a good marketing choice from my standpoint.

Anyway, 4-way adjustable is just marketing terms. Not a lie, but making it out to be much more than it is with fancy wording. Anyway, no power seats this year. Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Joe Hybrid said:
Sat in a 2006 Prius and I now have the answer!

The 4-way adjustable seats are: 1) slide forward on track, 2) slide backward on track, 3) tilt backrest forward, and 4) tilt backrest backward.

So there you have it. No height adjustment, no lumbar adjustment.
What type (country) of 2006 Prius did you sit in?

Different countries have different seats... (Classic Prius sold in France had 6-way driver's seat adjustment, for example.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The '06 Prius I sat in was in Northern California, USA. Wish we had them fancy French Prius 6-way seats!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Joe Hybrid said:
The '06 Prius I sat in was in Northern California, USA. Wish we had them fancy French Prius 6-way seats!
Oui! 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts