Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota of Melbourne never ceases to amaze me.

The attached excerpt from my receipt shows their level of competence.

receipt said:
CONCERN 52 Customer requests 42 lbs in front and 40 lbs in rear after rotate. Advised That Toyota Recommends 32 lbs.

CORRECTION All tires have 42 lbs.
Ok, so I asked for 42 front and 40 back. They told me Toyota says 32 lbs. Then they put 42 front and back.

Now I could probably understand if the mechanic put 32 lbs in...

They overfilled the oil, and I can find no notation anywhere that says what grade they put in.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I thought you had those guys straightened out by now! :roll:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Another reason to be glad I fled the swampland! Toyota of Glendale seems much more well-behaved although I must say I didn't ask them to do anything counter to the manufacturer's recommendations.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Obviously, listening to the customer isn't their strong point. Seems that listening to Toyota's specs isn't a skill of theirs either. I wonder what they are good at?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a followup, according to *my* gague all tires had 44 psi, and one had a bit above. Maybe my guage is wrong, and maybe it isn't.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whether it is Toyota or Jiffy Lub (for my old truck), I check the tires as soon as I get home. The time the car is at the dealers/Jiffy is seldom long enough to completely cool the tires, so when I get home they are always a couple of pounds lower than they said they put in them. So, at home, I check them the next morning when they are completely cooled.

Having an air compresser in the garage helps to correct any pressure needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts