Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Super America next door just bumped the price $0.20 to $2.99. I know some of you have seen $3 for regular, but this will be a first here in Minnesota. :shock:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Super America in Dayton, OH was $3.09 today. First time I have ever seen price over $3. QAt that price it will STILL take over $30 to fill mt Prius. However, I LAUGH at the big SUV's putting 30 or so gallons in the thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In Massena NY near the Canadian border gas is 3.29 and in Potsdam, my 22 mile daily commute it went up a 1 dollar between 7am and 12pm.... they are now paying 3.73!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why do they still have the 9/10 of a cent? (At least in NJ they still do).

I guess I'm lucky? I saw it for $2.53 today (that was the lowest)

·
Registered
319 Posts
The "just off the highway pricing" stations near work are at $2.999 for regular today. With only maybe a gallon left, I think holding out for saner pricing will leave me walking, so I'll get something by tomorrow, but not from them...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, it was many a year ago when I would pull into the gas station and say, "Give me a dollars worth.".

That would have been 4 or 5 gallons. Plenty to get around town for a few days.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I can remember buying gas for 17 cents a gallon during some "gas wars" in the 50s. I guess if you could buy it that cheap today, there wouldn't be a PriusOnline...

·
Registered
736 Posts
$3 gas

The local AM/PM, formerly Arco, which typically is the lowest in town, has raised the price of regular twelve cents per gallon since Monday. I'm sure this is in part to the hit the oil producers in the gulf area took from Katrina. Most of the gasoline in Calif. is produced out this way, as I understand it, but supplies are likely to be tighter all over now. I'm thankful for my Prius, and for the fact that I am retired and not making a long commute. This has to be really hard on young families on a budget.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Frickin' 'spensive!

I remember in college choosing to walk/bike rather than pay $1.50/gal when it spiked there for a few months. (And my college was 10 miles from town. Uphill. Both ways! :p)

The station closest to me has gone up 10¢ a day each of the last three days. It's at $2.879 right now. And it's the cheap one! Most of the others are at $2.999. Diesel is at $3.099 across the board (With one station at $3.199.) To think I paid $1.999/gal as recently as two months ago. (It was an Arco, which Eeyore doesn't like, so I usually don't get it; but I was feeling nostalgic over the sub-$2.00 gas.)

(Dangit, second thread in a row I've been in denial and typed $1.xx for the current prices instead of $2.xx.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got to fill up the 3 trucks assigned to our plant at work... (Using the city's gas card, notmine! lol) Ones a 94 Ford pickup 32 gallons, ones an 05 Ford Super Duty 36 gallons and the others an Explorer, jstu got it not surof the size yet. Well, lets just say when I fill them up the place always gives me free sodas and or coffee! :lol: Sometimes each truck gets filled up twice a week!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a gallon soon, but whether they stay there depends on the long-term damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts said Wednesday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just saw the first $3+ gas in my area. $2.999 when I went to work this morning, $3.099 when I came home. I also think that 9/10 of a cent thing is stupid. I heard somewhere they're required to post it though, I don't remember why.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
In my humble economic opinion...here is our BIG mistake. Price hikes due to Katrina, IRAQ war, etc can only be blamed for price spikes, not for the long term problem. The long term blame is the US is not willing to take action to LOWER DEMAND.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
OverTork said:
I just saw the first $3+ gas in my area. $2.999 when I went to work this morning, $3.099 when I came home. I also think that 9/10 of a cent thing is stupid. I heard somewhere they're required to post it though, I don't remember why.
They're required to post it because they charge it.

If a gas station decided to stop charging the .9 cents, they are perfectly allowed to. It's just a way to get an extra nickel out of every Prius owner. (Or dollar from every Hummer owner. :p)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gotta eat my words......I saw gas in the 2.50's this morning... On the way home from work..2.85...2.99 and a whopping 3.16!

remember the 60's....
Life is a Gas.... 33 1/3 cents a gallon.....
Jumpin' Jack Flash was a gas back then too...

This is the end to the gas savings over my last car to the Prius......Now I'm gonna be moving more towards the poor than the middle class..

the American middle class is not long for this....the hard times of the depression of the 30's is about to be challenged.

The fate of all mankind I fear.. IS IN.. the hands of fools..
Peter Sinfield 1969

·
Registered
298 Posts
The local news interviewed a gasoline wholesaler tonight and he said he's been notified that the price he has to pay is going up 40 cents/gallon tomorrow. Of course he will have to pass the increase on to the stations and they will pass it on to us.

·
Registered
14 Posts
a lot like my thread

Hello. This is a lot like my $3.00 "breaking point" thread. When I started the thread I had no Idea that gas would be $3.00 this quickly.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts